User Tag List

Old 2nd December 2017, 05:28 PM

Year: 2001
Model: Outback
Transmission: 4eat
scalman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiddleAgeSubie View Post
As for the departure angle, my hitch, which is as tucked in as possible, cuts both ways. It shaves a lot of DA but it alos protects the bumper. In part. Did not help when I caught something on the left side.

Can someone make you a rear bumper?
to make it wouldn't be legal here,i saw people cut it too like half maybe.
Old 2nd December 2017, 07:45 PM
Contributing Member

Year: 2013 / 2008
Model: H6 5EAT OB with SubieLiftOZ kit / Tribeca
Transmission: 5EAT
MiddleAgeSubie is on a distinguished road

Yeah, cutting and plasti-welding it could be an option. There was a guy who did that for the front bumper, very successfully, on the OB forum.
Old 3rd December 2017, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiddleAgeSubie View Post
Yeah, cutting and plasti-welding it could be an option. There was a guy who did that for the front bumper, very successfully, on the OB forum.
just cut its enough iv seen one guy doing it. so i did my front bumper similar

but then rear muffler can't go anywhere so then i would hit muffler still.

still have to figure out why sometimes car feels like choking and dont have enough power. or ECU making problems. i have P0420 code. but nothing else. so as i understood that's rear catalyst sensor and not front one so its not making my problems. feels like car kinda slugish and when i need to floor it its kinda laging to give power.
someone told me it might be catalyst problem . like its blocked or something. not sure, and duno how to test it. i know VDC cuting power so thats that, but i can turn off VDC and still its not like giving full power , feels like something wrong there.
Old 5th December 2017, 01:37 PM

Old 5th December 2017, 09:25 PM

Year: 1998
Model: Outback. JDM TT conversion
Transmission: 5MT DR
duncanm is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by scalman View Post
still have to figure out why sometimes car feels like choking and dont have enough power. or ECU making problems. i have P0420 code. but nothing else. so as i understood that's rear catalyst sensor and not front one so its not making my problems. feels like car kinda slugish and when i need to floor it its kinda laging to give power.
scalman,

is it a real on/off power delivery - like power ok until you push the throttle past a certain point, then it switches to 'choked' mode ?

I found with my old EJ25 (before I ditched it), this was knock being detected. A good regular upper-engine clean and maybe some higher octane fuel will probably help things.
Old 6th December 2017, 01:24 AM

Its hard to tell how it feels.i cleaned all those sensors valves etc changed filters, plugs, now changed plug wires too.must drive some more to tell if it changed anything. Maybe it was.
I use good fuel all times 95 , 95 plus or 98

Strange thing thou now i remembered. Before last oil and coolant change coolant level stayed normal and didint droped. Now after i changed them both coolant level getting low after just couple days. And i can find signs of coolant drops on my skid plate. But where it comes from. I thought i had oil leakage via head gaskets before. But now suddenly coolant .hmm.its hard to tell ecsactly where leak comes from

Last edited by Kevin; 6th December 2017 at 03:56 AM. Reason: Unnecessary use of Quote
Old 6th December 2017, 08:01 AM

Year: 2004
Model: SG Forester X
Transmission: Stock 5 Speed Hi/Lo Manual
Ben Up North is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by scalman View Post
Now after i changed them both coolant level getting low after just couple days. And i can find signs of coolant drops on my skid plate. But where it comes from. I thought i had oil leakage via head gaskets before. But now suddenly coolant .hmm.its hard to tell ecsactly where leak comes from
Did yoiu burp it? My mechanic swore blind he did, but after I took it for a run it started overheating when stationary - put at least a litre of coolant in it, probably 2 to get it back to level.
Plus the overflow tube was leaking, so when it heated up, instead of going into the overflow tank it was just leaking across the top of the radiator.
Old 6th December 2017, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Up North View Post
Did yoiu burp it? My mechanic swore blind he did, but after I took it for a run it started overheating when stationary - put at least a litre of coolant in it, probably 2 to get it back to level.
Plus the overflow tube was leaking, so when it heated up, instead of going into the overflow tank it was just leaking across the top of the radiator.
I did burp it yes. And mine not overheating. And i was disconnecting just 2 tubes to let it all out so those places not leak. My car is full of mysterys, sometimes it holds coolant and sometimes its not. Sometimes oil leak more and sometimes less. Its waiting for HG job untill then i will just refill it as needed i guess.