F1 2014

NachaLuva

Product Developer
Congrats to Daniel Ricciardo, the first Aussie on the podium in an Aussie F1 race! :lildevil::monkeydance::newmulti::bananatoast:

Some big changes this year.
*8 speed boxes (7 last year);
*engines now 1.6-litre V6 turbo engines, revving to a maximum of 15,000rpm (last year 2.4-litre na V8 with 18,000rpm redline), power down from ~780HP to ~600HP
*KERS output doubled to 160HP for up to 33sec per lap up from 80HP for just 6sec.
*Energy is gained from kinetic energy recovery & turbo heat energy recovery (still dont understand how they do that but it is also used to maintain turbo spooling under throttle lift off & to control boost...no wastegate apparently!).
*Front braking is traditional discs but rear braking is now a mixture of KERS, engine & disc braking, all controlled electronically
*Front & rear wings are smaller & the front wing has a max height of 185mm down from 550mm
*Min weight increased from 642kg to 690kg
*Fuel limit of 100kg (unlimited last year with avg consumption 160kg)

The result of all this was a heap of overtaking with the driver & "power unit" now playing more of a role.

Best of all stupid arrogant Sebastian Vettel only lasted 5laps :rotfl:

Yes it was a great race :ebiggrin:
It was also great seeing young Daniel Ricciardo on the podium with 2nd place :raz:

However, it was only to be short lived unfortunately :huh:

About 4 hours after the race had finished, they (Ricciardo and Red Bull Racing) were subsequently disqualified as his car "exceeded consistently the maximum fuel flow" of 100kg's an hour during the race.

I also understand that they have lodged an appeal against that decision, at a date yet to be known.

Regards
Mr Turbo

About 4 hours after the race had finished, they (Ricciardo and Red Bull Racing) were subsequently disqualified as his car "exceeded consistently the maximum fuel flow" of 100kg's an hour during the race.

I also understand that they have lodged an appeal against that decision, at a date yet to be known.

Apparently there are some accuracy issues with the sensors that read the fuel flow rate, so lets hope their appeal is upheld...

I think it was a faulty sensor and I think I know why ...
8214030.jpg

Back