Forum Member
Car Year
My2014
Car Model
forester xt
Transmission
cvt
Hi everyone,

First post i've made here! Just recently moved to Brisbane and my car got written off by a drunk lady! So i decided to buy a new Forester XT and am planning on doing some beach driving and trips to place like Frazer Island and was just after some others opinions as to whether i need to replace the sump guard on my car even though it looks to be aluminium already? Also any other tips and tricks for Forester driving at places like Frazer?

Thanks in advance,

Blair.

Gidday Blair

A very warm :welcome: to the ORS forum, mate.

Congrats on the new Subie - bugger about your other car being written off though.

Can't help you with your sump guard query. Subaru have fitted proper sump guards in markets like the UK, but not here ... :(.

Maybe they have suddenly decided that it wouldn't be a bad idea ... :rotfl:.

If it already has a metal sump guard already it should do the job. Just keep an eye on it after every trip to make sure it isn't getting pushed back into the sump or cracking.

G'day blairvoss :welcome:

Thats a nice Foz you have with some nice traction aids, any pics?

As Davidov said, your sumpguard should be fine, just keep an eye on it

G'day blairvoss & :welcome: to ORS.

If the sump guard you have is made out of alloy you should be fine.

Regards
Mr Turbo

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback guys!! No pics as of yet! she is looking a bit plain so far! stock as a rock. Any advice on best type of roof racks? I've been told the basket style is the most convenient. Am planning on getting a set of racks, some maxtrax, throw swags up there and just eskies and rods in the back and set off for random weekends! Cant Wait!

Blair.

Cant help with what basket to get but there's lots of others on here who have them. they will increase fuel consumption though & some are a bit noisy

Am planning on getting a set of racks, some maxtrax, throw swags up there and just eskies and rods in the back and set off for random weekends! Cant Wait!

Sounds like a plan! :monkeydance:

Back