Archery/bow hunting/ bow building

idw

Forum Member
Car Year
Car Model
Rusty nissan
Transmission
Auto
Anyone else into archery here at all? I'm mainly into field archery been to a couple of ABA amateur shoots, but i'm looking at trying the indoor or ifaa round next year.

I've also been making some self bows, and started cutting my own staves this year. Just gotta keep convincing people the drying wood isn't fire wood :lol:

Anyone else shoot at all? don't worry the barrel types fine too

The only hunting I do these days is for my glasses :lol: and with a handheld GPS.

haha, I'm mostly a target shooter, unless the rabbits get to close to the house.

Old thread I know, but my wife and I both dabble in target shooting.
Recurve only.
We each have 2 bows:
-My target bow: SF riser and SF carbon/wood limbs, 70" bow, ~32" draw length, about 55# off the fingers. Basic sight and stick on rest
-My horse bow: Mongolian type bow, up to 33" draw, ~55# @ 28", closer to 70# off the fingers.
-Her Target bow: Cartel riser, SF limbs, no sights, stick on rest.
-Her horse bow: 35# similar style to mine.

We mostly just shoot at home on my homemade target. Used to go to the local outdoor park with 21 targets in the bush, but it closed.
Occasional trip to the local indoor range, 18m distance.

Life is very busy now though so we rarely shoot.

POST REVIVE

I have a samick sage takedown and love it. I also have a APEX branded compound bow but i dont like it and am looking at selling it. Im not in any clubs and havent any formal lessons yet but am planning too once i can go to the range. Im thinking about purchasing a longbow as well. I love the idea and the feel of traditional archery. Alot more natural to me plus its not impossible to hunt with a traditional bow :D

My experience was from 20 years ago. I had to make a bow in the bush and used it for hunting. It was effective but now I am thinking of making a recurve composite bow and train with it. It will be a good addon with my blades.

Back