Show us your Non-Subaru!

Great thread! I'll have to scan some pics of my RX3 turbo...

Here's a few of my Falcon in the Flinders Ranges:

My brother's Honda at the Pinnacles"

My VW Buggy

I have this buggy for more then 25 years now. Build it together with my dad who past a way about 15 years ago. After his dead i couldn't touch it for quite some time. It had to much memories of my dad. It had several engines from a VW beetle 1300 to a Ford 2.8 V6.
I rebuild it after i had a serious motorcross accident where i broke my back and was paralyzed for several months. I will never sell it, it's simply to important for me.

specs:
1970 pan converted to IRS suspension, non shortened, 6 point rollcage
engine 2.0 aircooled boxer from a vanagon, other camshaft tuned for power at low RPM, porsche 914 heads, 2x 40mm webercarbs. 105hp 4500rpm at the rearwheels 173Newton at 1900 rpm.
weight 640kilo

drives like a maniac, gives a bit of motorbike feeling

If I did know then what i know now i would have used a suby engine instead of building that aircooled one. This engine is so pigheaded that it runs super on day 1 and rubish on day 2 without touching it. I blame the weber carbs for it. Maybe some day i gonna mount a suby turbo in it :cool:

img.php

img.php

img.php

^ Love your Tonka Toy "creeper", FS.

It'd frighten the living bejasus out of our cats, I suspect ... :rotfl:.

cockatoo%20creek_zpsoypgcir2.jpg

hi guy's have not been on for a while after selling my XT.

i now have a Navara ST with a few mods, this is on the old telegraph track last September.
i have had it for nearly 2 years and over 50 000 k's , has been a great ute.

should have another Subie soon , currently looking for a nice one for under 5 grand for my sons first car, ( and for me to have a little fun with )

Nice toys indeed :)

my old VW and wifeys Wagon
GolfMk2-Mk3.jpg

My 325i driftweapon
Dennismiddelburg.png

My RC drifter
Caster-Camber.jpg

Last edited:
1909Sizaire-etNaudin1024.jpg Sizaire et Naudin 1909, 1 cylinder 1600cc, 3 speed differential, timber chassis

Dolly_WilpenaStreet.jpg 1989 Citroen 2CV - "Big Block" motor ... 602cc

IMG_6258c.jpg 2011 T5 twin turbo 7 speed DSG 4 motion

Heres my other car 89 635csi bmw. 384 whp and 493wtq with all the supporting mods. Love cruising the highway with this one

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 19
Awesome cars guys!

Heres my Fairlane as it mostly currently is, i have polished up the bullbar since these shots :)

The restoration is slowly getting there.

Cool Kia! Nice to see something different. How does it go offroad?

The Chevette is awesome too. Be a lightweight weapon!

Todays adventures! My 1989 Ford Fairmont Ghia wagon with factory lsd, factory Falcon XH Outback ute wheels and tyres and a small strut top/leaf spring lift.
And we had one mental and epic l series with us too!

Fantastic! Now there is a real "roofbox" :iconwink:

Before the Subaru- there was the Ford. A genuine 1972 XA GT Falcon hardtop. On the Across Australia trips, I'd swap the genuine GT front end over for standard Falcon panels.

A video of the car on one of the trips.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wY7CPzD47jI"]1997 Trip Lindsay Island - YouTube[/ame]

Cool Kia! Nice to see something different. How does it go offroad?

The Chevette is awesome too. Be a lightweight weapon!

It is very suprising. One of the hands down most reliable vehicles I've owned. And definitely the most comfortable.

Back