OzTent RV2/3

g'day.
i have used one as my mate has one, dont own it myself however i have a roof top tent:ebiggrin:
anyway yes they are extremely quick to set up but realy once you peg it down and make the varander etc it isnt that much quicker.
however the build quality is the best in a on the ground tent in my opinion. with the metal frame.
very good if you can afford one i strongly recommend them

Seems to me that this was a pretty well thought out range of tents. I like the idea of being able to get factory made side/front curtains for the awning and they make a custom made ground sheet for the tent/annex although i will probably get the cgear ground mat.
LOVED :quitar::banana::bananatoast::woohoo:how easy it was to put up!! Bloody fantastic .

That RV-1 is exactly what I need for the Justy :) I may purchase one of these later on. My pup tent works well for now.

-Jamie

I bought an rv4 last summer and it is brilliant. I was looking at roof tents, but my wife wasn't keen so we looked at these. As already mentioned they are great quality and really are easy to put up after a long drive when all you want to do is sit back and enjoy.

Only down side may be the length, but as long as you can put it on your roof then not a problem.

Definately water proof. Stopped in mine on Tuesday night, we had 20mm of rain over night and not a drip to be seen.

I need to do some converting and measuring but I am thinking just by the size in the pictures it should fit the roof rack when needed. Thank you for the good faith comment :)

-Jamie

I need to do some converting and measuring but I am thinking just by the size in the pictures it should fit the roof rack when needed.

Is this for you to sleep in or the Justy?? :twisted:

Who would have thought of a portable "carport" for when you're out and about! :lol:

Cheers

Bennie

In some mag I have at home (i think its $WD camper trailer or somthing like that), there is a review of various types of tent, including this one.

I will try to remember to scan it and post it tonight, but this tent did well because of quick setup. there were however some criticisms, and another tent scored the 'editors choice" award for all round versatility. That tent was a sourthern cross, which looks like an imitation of a freedom tent like this:

https://www.freedomcamping.com.au/nt.html

Incidentally, I have one of these, but I only tend to use it for stays longer than one night. I use my hiking tent for short stays.

having said that, it is a bloody excellent tent. have had it over ten years and it is bomb proof.

Is this for you to sleep in or the Justy?? :twisted:

Who would have thought of a portable "carport" for when you're out and about! :lol:

Cheers

Bennie

:lol: That is a good thought, lol. I never thought of having a portable garage ;)

It would be for me though. I have a small Coleman pup tent that I use all the time, but I am thinking the wife and dog would be more cozy in one of the RV-tents.

-Jamie

here ya go: the bottom line from "Camping with your 4wd" issue no 10, review of tents.

tentratings.jpg

The southern cross tent that won "Editors Choice" is in the middle right pic, closest tent to the red patrol. They said it took 1 min 29 secs to put up.

the Oz tent they say took 39 secs to put up, and was the quickest set up. even dome swags took longer.

But I reckon if the southern cross appeals to you, get a freedom tent instead.

Thought I would add a picture of my setup from the other week. The other good thing I forgot to mention about it, was that it actually fits back in the bag with ease when you pack up, which makes a nice change

picture.php

Thought I would add a picture of my setup from the other week. The other good thing I forgot to mention about it, was that it actually fits back in the bag with ease when you pack up, which makes a nice change

picture.php
Where is the photo? I cant see it??

looking good mate. seeing these pictures makes me want to go camping now!

I know what you mean. I always get a bit twitchy when stuck indoors, dreaming of getting out camping somewhere. Had a day in the office today for first time in a week and it did my head in.

Thats strange.

I'm seeing it fine too.

Regards
Mr Turbo

It is strange, I can see them now, both in Barnboy's post and in the quote of Barnboy that Barry's posted.

I've got no idea what's going on!

One thing that I will add is the canvas will freeze in the high country. Last week when I spent a couple of days with some qld crew in the high country one of the couples from the ACT actually went home to swap their canvas tent for a synthetic one as they couldn't pack it up when it was frozen!

Just something to consider, I think other than that their tent worked very well for them in durability and keeping the weather out.

Cheers

Bennie

Gidday Bennie

It is strange, I can see them now, both in Barnboy's post and in the quote of Barnboy that Barry's posted.

I've got no idea what's going on!

When I first looked at the pics a few days ago, they took about 20-30 seconds to load.
Methinks that the server is/was slow.

Once the images have become resident in your browser cache on your HDD, they load almost instantaneously.

I did load them as quite big pics to begin with, wonder if that is the problem . I will try shrinking them down next time........

Cheers

Tim

Back