Another lift method

c3hammer

Forum Member
Here's my 2007 Outback 2.5i

It has Rallitek HD rear springs (1.5" lift in rear), Subaru H6 front springs (1.5" lift in front), KYB Excel G struts and shocks, 15" Team Dynamics ProRace1 wheels and 20575R15 General Grabber AT2 tires.

The total increase in ground clearance is about 2" front and back. It is woefully under dampened on rebound, but still quite managable if you keep your speed down over drop offs. As far as on road is concerned the combo is far and away superior to the stock ride. It rolls less, handles g-outs fully loaded and can now tow a 1100 lbs. popup tent trailer with ease.

Over all it's been a great improvement, I just wish I could get some shocks and struts with 30% more rebound dampening. Then it would be rageable in just about any terrain.

Cheers,
Pete

Attachments

• grabbers-team-dynamics-1.jpg
    grabbers-team-dynamics-1.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
Tread pattern

Attachments

• grabbers-team-dynamics-f1.jpg
    grabbers-team-dynamics-f1.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Tons of clearance for the brakes with the Team Dynamics 15" wheels. About 12mm still actually!

Attachments

• grabbers-team-dynamics-f.jpg
    grabbers-team-dynamics-f.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Subtle but very effective in big rocks!

Attachments

• grabbers-team-dynamics.jpg
    grabbers-team-dynamics.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
As an interesting aside, I selected a +40mm offset to go with the narrower 205 width tires. For my type of terrain the narrower tire is highly benificial and with the wider offset, the outter edge of the tires sits exactly in the same location as the stock 17" 225 width tire.

Cheers,
Pete

Attachments

• grabbers-team-dynamics-2.jpg
    grabbers-team-dynamics-2.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Sorry for the missing images. I was poaching links of my pics from another forum where I learned about the Team Dynamics wheels originally.

Been a lurker for quite some time and just thought I'd post up a bit different way to get a bit of lift I'd tried out.

Cheers,
Pete

Nicely done Pete - and great that someone has finally found 15" wheels that will fit without modifying the brakes.

looks good! if i have any cash left over before i head back to college i'm swapping out for outback springs on my legacy (2-2.5 inch lift) plus larger tires (probably gain another 3/4 of an inch minimum) woot

I am kind of wondering the same thing. I followed this link from another forester forum. I wonder if those gravel wheels will fit on a 2009? I'd like to be able to fit an aggressive tire on her without grinding anything away. Maybe the 225/70/R15 AT2s?

Back