SOLD: MY04 Forester Turbo

Rally

Forum Member
Car Year
Car Model
WRX
Transmission
6 Speed
EOI. This groundbreaking car has all the major requirements for going off road and excelling on road as well. A brilliant all rounder. The only known turbo Subaru in the world with dual range gearbox and locker rear Subaru diff. This car comes equipped with the following:

Subaxtreme bullbar
Custom made alloy sump guard
Overhauled power steering rack and pump about 5,000kms ago
STI power steering cooler
Phenolic spacers between header tank and inlet manifold
Tuned MY07 WRX engine and alternator with around 110,000kms
MY04 WRX throttle body, inlet manifold, cruise control actuator
MY99 WRX sump, oil pickup and windage tray
MY02 WRX Accelerator pedal and throttle cable
GReddy Proflec B Boost Controller
Silicone turbo intake pipe
Haltech Elite 1500 high mounted ECU with wide band CO2 sensor
3 inch TBE, stainless steel after the dump pipe, with hi flow catalytic converter and twin tip Hi-tech muffler
Snorkel
New clutch- 5,000kms old
Re-built custom made dual range gearbox, strengthened and with WRX gears for 3rd, 4th and 5th, 0.738 5th gear 5,000 kms old including gearbox and front diff gears
1.447 low range
4.44 diff gears
DCCD
MY99 WRX rims
MY06 STI Torsen front diff
R180 e-locker rear diff, with R180 STI hubs and rear axles
Overhauled twin piston rear callipers, and new discs, 5,000kms old
Tow bar with 50mm hitch, tongue not included
New front pads and discs about 3,000kms old
XT Forester carpet and front seats
Series 2 SG centre console
Raised heavy duty King Springs with KYB front, Boge rear gas struts
Whiteline adjustable rear lateral arms
Urethane suspension bushes front and rear
Kenwood stereo head unit with USB input
New genuine radiator- 2015
Rego till 30/6/19

$14,500

This is your opportunity to own a great car for a lot less than what it cost to develop. The car has not been run into the ground, has been well serviced, has no body damage beyond a small carpark dent or 2 and some fine scratches from rubbing tree branches. All suspension joints and wheel nuts have had anti seize applied. It is being sold because my life has to take a new direction due to on going health conditions that make it too hard for me to go camping with the Forester. I will miss this car a lot.

Note: Driving lights, HN-7 navigation unit and reversing camera, roof racks, roof box. awning and CB and aerial not included and will be removed prior to sale. Car will come with standard centre dashtop hinged lid

Last edited:
I'll give you a tenner for it.

Seriously though, sorry to hear about the health complications.

Oops, how did that get left out. $14,500

Last edited:
If I lived in Australia, I'd buy it straight away !

Hope your health is getting better though, its the most important.

[MENTION=44]Rally[/MENTION] hope your health gets better soon.

Thanks Tenmah. My health is ok, I just can’t do all the things I used to do. I need a bigger car which doesn’t require so much effort to pack and unpack. With the Forrie, it’s an effort to do all of that. With my new ute, there won’t be a need to unpack much stuff at all. 2 years on from major heart surgery, I had to face the reality the Forrie is no longer suitable for me.

The car is off site being cleaned up for sale. So I cannot take any new photos for a while. It has xt front seats and carpet, otherwise pretty standard. I can post some new photos next weekend

@Rally, sorry to hear about your health conditions. I hope you get well soon.

The price is really decent. It is a bargain for someone looking for an off-road Forester.

Update. As part of getting it ready for sale, over the next couple of days a new air conditioning condenser and drier, which means new gas, is being installed. It was old and clogged with mud. An XT rear sear to match the front seats, and a cargo area cover complete the interior revamp.

Almost every mechanical part on this car has been replaced, many have only a few thousand kilometres on them. So you should expect a long life from them.

As I have said, such a great car be it on the highway, some mountain roads or off-road. About as good as it gets.

Just think, iIf you bought an Iveco Daily instead of the Ranger, you could put the forrie on a trailer behind it, for y'know, getting around when you've found a nice spot.
:)

Price drop to $14500. $500 spotters fee, contact me for details.

Back