OFFROADSUBARUS.COM

Go Back   OFFROADSUBARUS.COM > General Forums > General Forum

Notices

Old 21st June 2018, 03:32 PM

Year: 2001
Model: Outback '01, 2.5 NA , VDC
Transmission: 4eat
scalman is on a distinguished road

as always russians have good company of different cars and forester is one of them. stock forester . and renault /dacia Duster as well
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZ3a2boHU3E
and all those russian offroaders iv seen in my own eyes at old times when was young they where going on our streets.
i was thinking what our subarus at least 2.5NA lacking is torque. my tires sometimes have so much grip that engine cant give it enough torque to move the car. 3.0R 3rd gen outback with 250 hp would be monster with auto no turbo.
i think those kind are very good videos to show how very different cars going via same tracks and uses different techniques
Old 5th July 2018, 09:25 AM

SHERP's going on lake Baikal , its largest fresh water lake in the world. about 700km trip on those slow machines must be something

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqjXPQXjRqM
sherp looks small because of large wheels but really 2 persons can sleep inside pretty comfy. and in winter. amazing views around.
Old 5th July 2018, 09:41 AM
Administrator

Year: MY'03
Model: Forester
Transmission: A/T
Kevin is on a distinguished road

I wish we had ice like that for some play!
Old 5th July 2018, 10:50 AM

i saw other video from russians where sherp was going on tracks where those 4wds went many times and sherp didint passed all those . maybe because its short and so big wheels at some place it could be dissadvantage. so those 4wd where so happy there that they beat sherp. but sherp can just turn and go straight where it wants no need tracks at all. then you can put it on lake and fish from it or have a swim as from boat. so cool design i like it a lot.
Burlak similar design russian beast can swim as well and its much larger with large wheels but that suspension looks so weak , i mean yes they made it in garage and wanted it be as light as possible

i did watched them going to north pole with that car for test drive and couple time one wheel of car just broke off that frame . so they welded it in place and continue trip. amazing but maybe too weak for those large wheels.
but inside its like small hotel rly.

remember when top gear tested that sherp . it was funny series . they went hunting with it. amazing

and with right paint it can look very amazing

1.3 tonne, 44hp 1.5 diesel engine
and maybe because its have those large and wide tires in can get stuck in deep mud because its not digging down into it but just like boat it floats on mud and tries swim on it. not allways working
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=hQcqqea5APs
maybe she should turn it to sides not just try go straight . every new car need its own style of driving. you cant just use 4wd style driving on sherp.