• Upgrade to XenForo 2.2.15 has completed

Editing old posts

pezimm

Forum Member
Hi moderators,

Can anyone tell me if there is a time limit for editing old posts?

I wanted to fix a link to a photo that was unintentionally deleted from the online location, but couldn't access the 'edit' function for a post from last November...

Cheers,
Pedro.

Gidday Pedro

I understand that there is now a two day limit on editing posts as some threads were becoming incomprehensible due to editing/deletion of posts.

If you want to PM or email me the relevant details and what you would like done, I will fix it up for you mate.

Last edited:
It's done, Pedro.

I don't disagree, but the very few spoil things for the many. It has ever been thus!

Of all the fora that I am a member of, this is the only one I consider to be well run. A little tightness on the reins helps that happen. I have seen some big and wonderful fora destroyed by lack of effective moderation. I don't want to see that happen to ours here.

Editing of posts is currently set to 1 week which is more than most forums where some allow just 5 minutes!

I made changes to my only post and the changes were removed and BUMP added instead. How do you make changes to post e.g. like to change prices or delete items that may have been sold to your original post?

@Fnaky1 I did that but I did not notice any changes - just make a new post noting those changes rather than using "quote" / "reply" to your original post ;)

(Because you are a New Member you cannot edit your own posts)

@Fnaky1 I did that but I did not notice any changes - just make a new post noting those changes rather than using "quote" / "reply" to your original post ;)

(Because you are a New Member you cannot edit your own posts)
okie doke

Back