'07 Outback lift kit options

Pelican

Forum Member
Car Year
Car Model
Outback
Transmission
Tiptronic Auto
Hi all, I'm looking at lifting my '07 Outback and want to do it cheaply like most. I have experience and contacts for laser cutting, and just need templates to make my own 2" strut spacers as the 1" HDPE ones just aren't enough.. Would anyone have templates or experience with this, and also could anyone tell me how high they have gone with the Outback without issue?

Any and all help on this appreciated, so thanks in advance guys.

-Chris

2" strut spacers is the max you should really go before you start looking at other areas. Most people swear by billet aluminium for these larger spacers due to the fact that the plastic ones compress a bit over time, and have to be retorqued.

A little bit of info here:
https://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/topic/124327-limits-of-hdpe/

Thanks Taza, sounds like a perfect option to me. Just need some measurements or templates.. Do you have or know anyone that has the right ones? Even a paper template would be fine, the guys at the local laser cutters aren't fussed..?

Last edited:
Thanks for the help everyone, and that link looks the goods for templates etc. I think when all is said and done I will still have to remove the struts to be sure I have the right measurements before I go shelling out good money for laser cutting and welding!
If and when I do I'll post the templates on here for others hoping to do the same anyway.
Taza are you still keen to make some templates? I have time and would be more than happy to meet up with a fellow enthusiast and nut out mechanicals.. I'm a mechanic anyway but always good to have someone who has spent time on the cars before helping out.

Back