Go Back   OFFROADSUBARUS.COM > General Forums > The Relatives

Notices

Unread 24th October 2013, 03:05 AM
Forum Member

Year: 2005
Model: Forester
Transmission: Manual
silver is on a distinguished road

As far as my needs are concerned it's a campervan or a ute. If i wanted another car i would just get another Subie. Don't have to think about that.
a ute is the winner i reckon but i have lots of time to consider things.
Unread 24th October 2013, 03:19 AM
Administrator

Year: MY06, MY10
Model: Forester SG & SH
Transmission: 5MT/DR & 4EAT Sports
Ratbag is on a distinguished road

Silver, I understand your disappointment, thinking that you were on a good track (for you).

In a far smaller way, I have done that with all the time, effort and money I have put into rebuilding and modifying my trailer. I now realise that I do not have the luxury of spending another year getting it where I want it to be. By then, I will be getting seriously close to an age when I will not have many years left during which I can actually do any camper-trailering ...

So I have reluctantly come to the conclusion that I should sell it now for whatever I can get for it, and hope to re-coup my costs thus far. When this has been done, I will buy myself an off the rack camper trailer immediately. One that I can use immediately, and that suits my needs immediately.

A LOT more expensive than what I have been planning, but I cannot use the money to buy more years!
Unread 24th October 2013, 03:46 AM
Forum Member

Year: 2005
Model: Forester
Transmission: Manual
silver is on a distinguished road

Lucky for me i have options. I many ways i'm looking forward to getting a ute. It will give me the ability to go and have a look around. The sleeping arrangements might not be as good as a campervan but there are other compensating factors. No worries really.
I agree with you though..get some GOOD stuff...enjoy it.
If you shop around you can always get a good deal...i always try to get brand name stuff at the best price i can.
Plenty of options for new/secondhand stuff eg Gumtree and places. Sometimes people get the wrong thing and sell it as new. go for it.