Abercrombie Lady

temmah

Forum Member
Car Year
Car Model
Forester
Transmission
CVT
In late February I did a solo trip from Sydney to Abercrombie River National Park. Great trip, it was nice to get away from the world for a bit.

When i reached the park and drove in, i was thinking gee this is not challenging at all. After about 10 minutes of driving I reached this sign.

I6CDLMTh.jpg

Without hesitation i pressed on, and shortly realized that the sign did have a little meaning. The roads were pretty steep but mostly the roads were flat and dry. I don't think i would have gone down there by myself in the wet.

IanhLyVh.jpg

I camped down at the beach camp ground. Nobody there but me and some goats. The campground was a little dry and dusty and hardly any water in the 'river'. I cracked open a couple of beers and set up my camp.

IM49hdjh.jpg

Sometimes you have to eat alone.

SKOe007h.jpg

I slept in the back of the car with the back seats down. I slept peacefully only woken when some creature, probably my goat friends, tried to tear my garbage bag open.

I woke about 6am and there was still only a little bit of light. I looked around outside the car and noticed there was a tent setup by some trees near the river. That's strange i thought, that wasn't there yesterday. And then I saw this lady leaning back on a tree near the tent, resting and looking at the river. Oh well, she must have arrived some time during the night. Its strange that i didn't hear her arrive? No Car? She must have walked in?

Anyway I lied down again and slept a little more. Woke up again 30 minutes later, and there she was, still leaning back on the tree, staring at the river. She had not moved. As i looked at her i realized she was quiet tall, maybe like 6 and a half feet tall, maybe taller. I'm thinking how could have she walked in to the campsite in the middle of the night. I decided to get out of the car and go and say hello. I got out the car, but she didn't even move an inch, just staring at the river. So i closed the door hard, so she would have to
hear the car door closing. She didn't flinch. I walked around to the back of the car, I looked over from a new angle... the tent was a bush, the lady was a tree that had fallen over and rested on another tree. :poke:

The drive out of Abercrombie River National park was mostly up hill. Far Far handled it easily and off we went to Wollombi National Park to camp the next night. No crazy ladies there, and the following night i spent on my sisters property near Dungog.

Here is a pic of my solar power lighting setup.

mqS8LBRh.jpg

I like Abercrombie; nice camping and some challenging hills (e.g. little bald hill) if you want them

I'm assuming you meant Wollemi National Park. There is no Wollombi National Park. Wollombi is a small township.

Thanks for sharing by the way....I really like to hear about how the CVT models go in the rough stuff.

I'm assuming you meant Wollemi National Park. There is no Wollombi National Park. Wollombi is a small township.

Thanks for sharing by the way....I really like to hear about how the CVT models go in the rough stuff.
Yes sorry i mean Wollemi. I got mixed up as i did another camping trip at easter just out side the town of Wollombi.

Im a fan of the CVT. Going up steep inclines it allways delivers power. No pause when changing gears.

Back