t.ridden's 2nd Subaru

G'day all,

I've been searching for a long-term daily for a while now.
After much searching and trying of various Subarus (seriously, why would you even look at another make? ;) ) I finally found one that I couldn't walk away from.

The Gen 3 and 4 Libertys/Legacys have long been two of my favorite cars of any kind/era.
When this little gem came up on my Gumtree feed, I was a tad skeptical, but couldn't resist going for a look and I was pleasantly very surprised!

One owner from factory
110k kms
FULL service logbooks
Just had 100000km service, including Timing Belt, done by Subaru, with receipts
NO OIL LEAKS!! Anywhere! Hardly a trace of grease on the front underbody, just enough to tell it hadn't been purposefully scrubbed clean.
Garaged literally its entire life. Garaged at home, driven to work, garaged at work.
Paint is perfect, minus a few minor carpark scars
As with most Gen3s, drives superbly.

In short, it was as close to a brand new Gen3 as it's reasonably possible to find!

So I bought it, of course :D

DSC_0481_zps85bae0af.jpg

DSC_0486_zps0cbec86a.jpg

DSC_0491_zps953e0e34.jpg

DSC_0496_zps8709dfd1.jpg

Best of all, it still has the new car smell!!

Great buy, I love the Gen3's. Looks like its got a good history behind it and the mileage is low for its age.

Did you get the 5-speed?

Nice buy Tom! Sounds like a really good car, looks nice too! Same colour as TheInterceptor's Outback too haha.

Please say it's the 5sp!

Congrats, Tom :biggrin:.

Looks like a fantastic, too-good-to-be-true, buy. Roo2 was like that. Couldn't go past it. Same with SWMBO's SH, for that matter ... :).

Well bought, mate :poke: :cool:.

Wicked Tom! Very nice pickup and youve got the best colour of em all. Classy!

No doubt its a 5sp haha.

Nice Tom :discomonkey:. Awesome pickup.

Its so easy to break the speed limit in those cars. :iconwink:

Haha thanks all, I was pretty darn happy!
Yep it's the 5 speed :D
Will get more/better photos in the next few days (once it stops raining!!).
I've already racked up over 100kms and absolutely love it :D

Anyone got a good recommendation for a GPS? Preferably one with Bluetooth handsfree connection?
I've been looking at the Navman MY450LMT, on special at Repco with reverse cam for $199.
Opinions/experiences?

Awesome choice love the gen 3 lib rx.
I have a navman my80t I think its called? Awesome GPS I got it as a gift when I moved to perth 3 yrs ago. Only used it for a few months but it is accurate as hell, the maps are good and it didnt freeze up like phone maps do sometimes.

Will get more/better photos in the next few days (once it stops raining!!).

Is it still raining? :poke:

So do you still have this car? I've just got my sister into one - can't go past the RX, such a solid car and a joy to drive. I'm keen to know the fuel economy you're getting as we've managed 8.2L/100km as the best yet; average is 8.6L/100km and "worst" we've had is 9.6L/100km. That's with 350k km on the clock.

Love the colour too.

Cheers

Bennie

Back