Ben Up North

can only hope to improve
Car Year
2004 | 1992
Car Model
SG Forester X MY05 | 92 SVX
Transmission
5MT D/R | 4EAT
AddThanks to Nachaluva, I have a lift kit. It's pretty extreme from what I've been reading, 2.5" Front, 3.5" Rear. The mechanic is convinced the CVs are going to fall out, but they haven't yet. Not that I've done anything extreme, just a few bush trails around the area.

And that's about all I've done. Camber bolts are in in the rear, but nothing else has been touched (apart from the lift kit being installed!)

Anyways.. what I'd like to know is there anything in particular I should adjust/tighten/loosen now the kit is in?
I've read of people removiing{?} rear sway bars for added agility off road and I'm sure I read somewhere here just the other day about loosening something in the front end but I didn't bookmark it for later.:eek:

Any suggestions and recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: Jack, before camber bolts!
https://i.imgur.com/Q2u5UhN.jpg

Last edited:
You can attach the rear sway bar up out of the way with zip ties, the front sway bar has to be removed because it will interfere with the tie rods (it did on my SF, maybe its ok on your SG)

^ agree - I've heard of front sway bars snapping if left attached.

If not already done, loosen your suspension bushes with the car as is - no jack stands etc.

This releases any bind in the bushes that will lead them to a premature death, especially those ones on the back of the lower control arm.

Cheers

Bennie

Like El Freddo says plus the bushes on the front of the control arms as well...and then re-tighten the nuts/bolts.

Releasing the tension on the LCA rear bushes & trailing arm front bushes is in the instructions, but can't hurt to do it again in case the mechanic didn't do it. Must be done with the car on the ground

I would remove the rear swaybar, it won't affect the handling too much & will increase articulation offroad with it off.

I've left my front swaybar on. You will eventually wear out the front endlinks, you can replace them with stronger aftermarket ones. As others have said, don't disconnect the front swaybar without removing it or it will hit on suspension & steering components

Most important of all, we need photos!! :lol::monkeydance:

200,000k since it snapped? Is it still on the car??!!:rotfl:

Back