What have you done to your car today?

Mounted brand spanking new Grabber AT2s :twisted:

20150114_120548.jpg

Thx Kevin, been lurking for a while, I'm liking it here :D I'll do a 'my car thread' soon ;)

Looking good! Plenty of those JDM S/tb models over here in NZ too.
Manual or auto?

Upgraded my strut top blocks..more front camber & caster woohoo :monkeydance:

New rear SG struts for more tyre clearance and new hub/bearing. Off to get alignment now

new shoes... 225/60R16 Kumho KU31's for the outback.

I've sized up (from 215) - < 2% rolling difference, mainly because the price on tyres was right.

My offroading is all pretty soft, and 90% of my miles are onroad - no AT's for me.

Looking good! Plenty of those JDM S/tb models over here in NZ too.
Manual or auto?
Hi KF, was that directed at me? It's a euro s-turbo manual, ej20. Dunno 'bout JDM tho

@BenLukkie
what rims are those and where did u get them

Those are the euro OEMs
unpainted stock with geolanders when I bought it
20140914_154320.jpg

Hi KF, was that directed at me? It's a euro s-turbo manual, ej20. Dunno 'bout JDM tho

Those are the euro OEMs
unpainted stock with geolanders when I bought it
20140914_154320.jpg

Yeah that was directed at you - apart from the orange indicators in the taillights, it's identical to a JDM car. Oops.

In other news, just took the slack out of my throttle cable, I'll be interested to see what difference it makes.

Took the wife's SH to the crash repair shop yesterday to have the Kangaroo damage repaired. Hopefully will have it back late next week.

In regard to the 2004 SG that got bent before Christmas the repair shop are still waiting on the replacement bulbar to come in. The insurer will let me keep the damaged bulbar that has temporarily been refitted. From what I can see so far it is only the right hand hoop on the bar that is bent. The main bar is straight.
I am tossing up whether:
I keep the bar as is,
Cut the left and right hoops off and refinish the bar with only the main centre hoop,
replace the right hand hoop or
sell the bar on eBay.

I am tossing up whether:
I keep the bar as is,
Cut the left and right hoops off and refinish the bar with only the main centre hoop,
replace the right hand hoop or
sell the bar on eBay.
How bent is "bent"? Is it potentially straightenable by the supplier or others to an acceptable standard?

I ask only because that would at least provide protection - either for you as a spare or to on-sell to someone not expecting as-new cosmetics.

(Also beware the current requirements re cut ends and radius of edges.)

I had a steel bar waaaay back which had both wings bent (by TWO roos) out on the Nullarboring when it was dirt. Saved both sides of the vehicle itself from any damage :biggrin: and when I returned to the supplier he just called his tame gorillas out with a huge bar and straightened it up to the point where you couldn't pick it.

How bent is "bent"? Is it potentially straightenable by the supplier or others to an acceptable standard?

The main bar is straight as far as I can tell. The right hoop is beyond repair in my opinion.
If I cut off both outer hoops it would look something like the SubaXtreme Offroad Sports bar

https://www.subaxtreme.com/shop/forester-03-05-offroad-sports-bullbar/

I am sure a good aluminium fabricator welder could replace the damaged hoop. the bar is powder coated so it would possibly need a full repaint.

I will contact Qld Bullbars and find out if they can give me a price for a replacement hoop.

Finally fitted my HID driving lights. The wiring & relay had been done ages ago when I upgraded my headlights, so it was just a matter of making a mount for it & adding the wiring from the lights to the relay

^ They should shed some light on things, mate ... :poke: :lildevil:.

Look good.

The SF was good with its built-in nudge bar. I wish mine had one of those.

Washed my 2002 SG at the local car wash as our water tanks are low. Gave the engine a good wash.
I then changed the oil and oil filter. Put Castrol Magnatec 10w-40 semi synth. It has started to rain so I will check the air filter later.

Last edited:
On my second set of Geolander AT-S: discovered that what I had noticed on the first was no illusion. Gotta buy one size up from stock to stay stock sized when a bit worn, lol. Quite unbelievable actully.

After servicing the 2002 SG on Saturday I decided to take it for a run on Sunday to celebrate it ticking over 200,000 km.
Drove from home up into the hills to Matlock, Woods Point, A1 Settlement, Gaffneys Creek, Kevington, Jamison and stopped at the Mansfield Produce Store for a late lunch.
Coming down the steep gravel incline into Woods Point the ABS kicked in and I nearly ran off the road !!
On the way home went via the west side of Lake Eildon to Alexandra.
The car ticked over 200,000 km during the 345 km Sunday drive !

Coming down the steep gravel incline into Woods Point the ABS kicked in and I nearly ran off the road !!
ABS and gravel roads are a dangerous combination. Travelling with a mate in his Disco and we rounded a curve to find the road ahead was blocked. He hit the anchors but we just chugged ahead into a huge tree stump. No air-bag deployment thankfully. WIthout ABS that would have all been a non-event. There needs to be a dashboard control to disable it.

Back