Spam?!

Beigewagon

Forum Member
Car Year
Car Model
L Series
Transmission
5 spd dual range full time 4wd with centre diff lock
Has anyone else received emails from an ORS 'subscribed thread'?

I have 2, both going on about Windows 7, and not relating to the 'topic' at all.

Not sure where any of the links in the email got to (I know better than to just click on sus. links).

The user name shows as someone who is registered, but show as not listing any posts. Admin, or Mods. I can p.m. the usename if needed, however I will be away from any computers for about 30 hours.

Beigewagon.

Hey there Beige, i've seen a couple of them too in the last few days. Special thanks to our Admins for getting rid of the scum quickly!

You received those notifications because a spammer posted in a thread that you had too. Our mods usually catch these pretty quickly and ban the offender then delete the spam. That is why it is most often gone before can see it. Please let us know if anything looks out of order.

Yeah, one was a PM and the other was a comment in a thread. They were gone in literally a matter of minutes. Thanks for keeping it clean!

Thanks for the heads up Beigewagon. Can you PM me the username & I'll look into it.
DirtyRu could you also send me the username of them so that I/we can deal with them also.

If any other member recieves a PM or E-Mail that looks suspicious in any way, or contains spam please let us (admin/mods) know immediatly so that we can deal with them. :bananagunner: :mob: :bananagunner:

Regards
Mr Turbo

If any other member recieves a PM or E-Mail that looks suspicious in any way, or contains spam please let us (admin/mods) know immediatly so that we can deal with them. :bananagunner: :mob: :bananagunner:

I was about to say the same thing!!!:iconwink:

Yes, we can tell if someone is sending out a lot of PM's, but we can't see what they are saying, sending out PM's one after the other is suspect behavior and the sooner we know the better.

And...If you receive a message from one of us asking about a PM from a specific member, We are NOT trying to pry into your private business, we are just trying to bust a spammer. We can tell who the suspect party is sending out PM's to and if you happen to be online we might ask. If it is a legitimate message just tell us so, if it is spam copy/paste it to us so we know what they are sending and...:bananagunner::bananagunner::bananagunner:

Back