Notices

Unread 24th September 2018, 11:24 AM
can only hope to improve

Year: 2004 | 1992
Model: SG Forester X MY05 | 92 SVX
Transmission: 5MT D/R | 4EAT
Ben Up North is on a distinguished road

Capable little thing.
They put those tyres on them for a reason you know..
Used to drive around a sheep station in those when I was a young 'un. one was a 3 cyl 3 stroke. Noisy as all heck, top speed about 80km/h and that was pushing it. Could climb over just about anything though.
Unread 24th September 2018, 04:38 PM
Forum Member

Year: 2001
Model: Outback '01, 2.5 NA , VDC
Transmission: 4eat
scalman is on a distinguished road

well same or very similar engines are on older jimnys and people making them very capable offroaders with not huge but some larger tires. im not saying to go crazy here.
and tested cars bever use AT tires just street city tires . if its going well with them it will go even better with some AT tires with lower psi in them.
Unread 24th September 2018, 10:47 PM
Forum Member

Year: 2013 / 2008
Model: H6 5EAT OB with SubieLiftOZ kit / Tribeca
Transmission: 5EAT
MiddleAgeSubie is on a distinguished road

Looks like it has solid axles and a very clean underbody. Excellent. I did not expect this. It is a game changer.

Now, just upgrade those 4 lower control arms and protect those brackets!

Looks like another great little offroader from Suzuki. There is definitely room for a 15-25k fully offroad capable vehicle in the US market.

Not for overlanding or exploring areas far from home, but an excellent choice for people who live in areas with lots of opportunities right around town, like here.
Unread 25th September 2018, 03:53 PM
Forum Member

jf1sf5 is on a distinguished road

Will go test drive this little box on thursday afternoon !
Unread 25th September 2018, 08:48 PM
can only hope to improve

Year: 2004 | 1992
Model: SG Forester X MY05 | 92 SVX
Transmission: 5MT D/R | 4EAT
Ben Up North is on a distinguished road

We'll need a full review.
Unread 26th September 2018, 02:56 AM
Forum Member

Year: 2013 / 2008
Model: H6 5EAT OB with SubieLiftOZ kit / Tribeca
Transmission: 5EAT
MiddleAgeSubie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jf1sf5 View Post
Will go test drive this little box on thursday afternoon !

Sounds like fun! Yes, a review, please!
Unread 28th September 2018, 08:58 AM
Forum Member

Here's a short review after a short driving test....15 minutes ! First, it looks really nice in real life, the front seats are comfortable and the rear are a little short but without changing the drivers seat position I still could take place behind it (185cm). I did the test drive in a sub-urban area and could not go faster than 60km/h. The suspension hops on the irregularities but is still quite comfortable, not as harsh as the 2nd gen Samouraļ ! The trunk is very small but you cant have a short 4 seater and a huge trunk in 3.65 m....

Verdict : Its my next car....in a few years when my daughters will fly (drive !) by their own !
Unread 28th September 2018, 09:29 AM
Forum Member

They say first time jimny got 3 stars euro safett. Before they didint even did that test. It was that bad car to crash.
As all others going to more electronic in car jimny got mechanical leaver for 2wd/4wd/low. Before it had just buttons for that and in worse moments they just failed.
Auto stoping, line holding, traction control, rear LSD. And looks like small G wagon.
But rear seats not for people. I saw russian test drive and guy couldnt even fit in rear seats. Maybe he just tall.
Front door buttons not on door anymore but in center...??? And its hitting your leg paintfully.
But i think this car will go far into offroad tracks even without any locks even center. Because its so short its very hard to lift its wheels from ground.
Tested car had skinnier tires from before jimny but higher so even more ground clearance and more control at higher speeds.
They said trunk is very good quality plastic from before gen. They even give special rubber kinda matres for trunk.
Again guy said its worse noise cancelation from before gen. Lools like it didint have any noise canceling stuff anywhere even on hood. So you can do it yourself.
Speakers went to doors from before they where god knows where.
Jimny really grown up so much... Like wow rly . and looks amazing , at least that better trim not basic.
But its not car for everything and thats problem. Well unless you can have separate car just for locsl forest fun. At least i see it just for that purpose. Subaru can be all around car easily. Not this.
Unread 28th September 2018, 12:50 PM
Forum Member

It probably depends on the markets but there is no LSD at the rear and it really is an old school transmission but....it has a very efficient traction control, especially when 4x4 low is engaged.

I think that the Russian guy is very tall not being able to sit on the rear seats.

And I think like you, Scalman, that it is not an allround car, I mean you wouldn't drive it long distance every day.

But I still will buy one in the future !
Unread 28th September 2018, 02:36 PM
Forum Member

sure i love how it looks too. and i saw what older jimnys capable in russian hands with large tires , lift and lockers. but as does almost any car with low gears. put there lockers and its amazing. but maybe less fun. like if its too capable then where is fun no ? like when you would go places with stock jimny ypur could talk about it how cool it was and such, but it you would go there with heavy moded jimny with lockers then its like ...we know its capable because of mods man. so yh i like when car does many things way it was made.

what model you was testing ? from basic to top what car you got there do you know ?
was your 658cc or 1.5l engines ? touch screen ?

i think i wouldnt fit in rear same as that guy. i mean cmon look at space there. he said you couldnt fit there child seats if you would sit in front with comfort.

but im sure for 2 people and some bags in rear with folded seats its fine. even with camping gear you could do some not far trips and camping .