• Upgrade to XenForo 2.2.15 has completed

Replacement wipers - bosch aerotwins

I recently replaced my front wiper blades as they were starting to perish.

I went with the Bosch Aerotwin single blades. WOW... :surprised: :rock::ebiggrin:

I got them from Super Cheap Auto. The part numbers BBA4 and BBA5.

They were $26 each. Not cheap, I know, but far out they look sweet on and work a treat. I now get a streak free clean window every time.

I guess time will tell how long they last and how long the stick to the window for.

Anyway. I'm happy.

I got them from Super Cheap Auto. The part numbers BBA4 and BBA5.

I bought the same ones about 2 months ago (Bosch Aerotwin single blades) from Super Cheap Auto also.

They were $26 each. Not cheap, I know, but far out they look sweet on and work a treat. I now get a streak free clean window every time.

A little pricey, yes, but all I can say is that they are absolutely brilliant :rock: :banana:
They hug the window beautifully & are also whisper quiet :ebiggrin:
So when it comes time to replace them I will most definitely be buying them again :biggrin:

Regards
Mr Turbo

I replaced the wiper blades on my forester last week with the metal backs (2 x metal bars) and the set before them were the same, the only reason I replaced them was because they had perished over time, can't remember when I last put them on.

Good to read about the Aero's though, I'll give them a run next time.

Did you have to cut them down? I was going to replace mine last weekend and decided to try these aerotwins but the 2 Supercheaps I visited didn't have the part numbers listed in the book. BBA475 and BBA530 IIRC. They had the 475 but not the 530, only 550. I assume the number is the length but wasn't sure if this design could be cut down.

Did you have to cut them down? They had the 475 but not the 530, only 550. I assume the number is the length but wasn't sure if this design could be cut down.

No I didn't have to cut them. And yes I'm 99% sure that the number (ie 530 etc) is the length of the rubber blade.

Regards
Mr Turbo

New link to Bosch AUS Wiper Blades..

New links to Bosch AUS Wiper Blades..

https://au.bosch-automotive.com/parts/parts_and_accessories/service_parts_1/wipers_1/wipers_1

https://au.bosch-automotive.com/par...lat_wiper_blades/aerotwin_flat_wiper_blades_1

Aerotwin_und_Twin_Wischer_734x350_w734.jpg

:cool:

Another vote for the '09 or SH model Foz blades and assembly.
Not a bad price from Subaru and a bazillion times better than anything else I've used

^ the last few posts ...

IME, the single most important part of a wiper blade is the suspensory ligament at the top of the blade itself, where it joins the backing part of the blade.

The OEM blades have a very soft, fine suspensory ligament. When I first got Roo1 (in early 1994), these would break at this point after only 12-15 months. Later on in Roo1's life, the OEM blades would last for 3+ years, which was acceptable to me. They still had the very fine ligament.

If this ligament is too stiff, the blades will (unfortunately ... ) last almost indefinitely, but they won't flip over and change their attack angle to the windscreen easily. This happens particularly in cross winds, but also at anything over about 90 km/h. It is this failure to "rotate" longitudinally that causes the juddering across the windscreen.

After discovering this, I never used anything but the OEM blades on Roo1 again.

Ross fitted Bosch blades to the Camry, and they were fine on that car.

IMNSHO, cheap wiper blades are worth what you pay for them ... :(.

I've been using Tridon Flexblades on both cars - luv 'em:
https://www.tridon.com.au/Products/Product.aspx?SG=8&S=35&G=477&P=224177

They look like the ones Taza uses. If they are they are brilliant, look great too. :)

I used the repco blades with that water resistant coating stuff that's supposed to cover the windscreen. The first winter they were amazing, best wipers I've seen/used. However this winter they were leaving streaks from getting ruined by all the junk dropping onto the windscreen from parking under trees.

I have used the Bosch Aerotwin single blades & thought they were brilliant :raz:
But Super Cheap Auto doesn't seem to stock them anymore :(

They now stock the Tridon Flexblades instead.
I now use them & I'll also 2nd what Kevin say's in saying they're fantastic :bananatoast:

Regards
Mr Turbo

I've one bosch and one tridon :lol: work great.

Back