Couchmans Fridge

Hi this is the Fridge...

Being white and square I couldn't think of a better name.
It is the new family wagon so we can all get out an enjoy the outdoors.
Have put it to good use since we have had it, and have had three enjoyable weekends out since getting it on the road.

1.JPG

Picture taken somewhere in the Connondale range

Still is in need of a paint / front grill but it's good enough for now.
So far mods discussed after our last adventure are:

Bash plate for the sump
Minor lift

Last edited:
Another little trip around the Hinterland on Christmas eve.
The view back down to the coast.

PC242081_zpsgwvobzvm.jpg

Cute little fella that was just chilling in the bush when we went for a walk.

PC242089_zps2uvxdidl.jpg

Glasshouse mountains looking a little hazy in the heat.

PC242184_zps1c5tr9nh.jpg

Laughed when looking back through the camera and found the forester hiding in this picture :rotfl:

PC242213_zps95v4dumw.jpg

Nice pics !

What size is your Oztent ? Any pic of it on the roof of the Forester ?

Happy New Year !

Had a quick dig around, but don't have any pictures of it on the roof.
Next time we go out I'll grab one for you.
It's an RV4 and big enough for the three of us. They are expensive and small, but there is nothing like packing up in 2 min rather than half an hour in the sun when its 34 degrees.

Another quick trip out to the bush.
Headed down the Bruce hwy so we could cut through glasshouse mountains for a look to see how dry it was... Dry!

The trip to the swimming hole was made a bit longer, as we where bumping through the gravel roads the young fella fell asleep. So to keep him that way we did the long cut through Bellthope to the Gantry and Vertical saw area for lunch.

After a walk around and a few pictures we headed back down the hill to the swimming hole, were were greeted by some much needed rain.

So after getting nice and cool, I snuck the Forester up one of the tracks for a play. Was very slippery, but worth the drive to see all the colors in the trees come out with the rain falling.

P1212077Small_zpsh8ve6sit.jpg

P1212081Small_zpsor0bhf7f.jpg

P1212087Small_zpsn4ccthq2.jpg

P1212094Small_zpshoqetlru.jpg

P1212098Small_zps0tdaosbq.jpg

Quick trip through Cooloola over the weekend.

Took a few shorts cuts through the Noosa Hinterland before hitting Cooloola way, good way to avoid the high tide and boring roads. Track rough as usual, but only a few spots that required crawling though to avoid bouncing through the roof.

On to rainbow beach road we stopped off for a quick swim at Swaries creek in the crystal clear freezing cold water. Catfish, yabbies and eels were all sharing it with us, but we had places to be, so left them to it.
From there we continued into Rainbow for some phone reception to buy some permits to drive back down the beach.

Got to the rainbow rocks about 2 hours before low and decided to have out BBQ lunch under the trees while the tide dropped a bit more.
With everyone feed and watered we took on the rocks, just kissing in a few spots before a smooth drive over for a swim on the northern side of Double Island.

From there we ducked across lisha track to the southern side for the rest of the afternoon, this track has had a lot of work done and is like a gravel road now.

The girls headed up to the light house lookout for a walk. While the boys got smashed, surfing the bigger than what it looked surf.
With the tide was quickly eating up the beach we packed up while we were still all dry, picked up the girls and headed back.

Our group got separated on the ferry across the Noosa river, but we used it to our advantage and got all the tires pumped up faster than a return ferry trip.

Regrouping as the second ferry hit the beach we headed back for some well earned dinner.

P2110008P2110008_zpsmuhrrxmi.jpg

P2110019P2110019_zpsxp6453ln.jpg

P2110010P2110010_zpseextmpka.jpg

IMG_5078IMG_5078_zps6s1cqd4u.jpg

P2110025P2110025_zpsuhszsaii.jpg

IMG_5214IMG_5214_zpssr8pruup.jpg

P2110038P2110038_zpsw0c6htqt.jpg

P2110049P2110049_zpshepipspn.jpg

P2110050P2110050_zps94g3cfac.jpg

IMG_5237IMG_5237_zps5ul4t9ix.jpg

P2110070P2110070_zpsjjma7auy.jpg

A nice day out! Are they beached whales in pics 5?

That's a bunch of rocks that claims a few vehicles a year.
All the people are there walking it first to see if it's passable.
After the fist vehicle gets through on low tide, not many people get out to check, they just follow each other's bad lines and you can sit back and watch the entertainment lol

Google Mudlo rocks for some images of vehicles not making it...

Last edited:
HaHa - tricked me; the set of rocks in the foreground on the left looks liked its got flippers. I drove Rainbow Beach in the '80s but I don't remember the rocks.

Any pic of it on the roof of the Forester ?

That took a while to get a picture.....

IMG_6412_zps9t4ooyy4.jpg

IMG_6411_zpseukqrkm6.jpg

Will have to get some more pictures up when i get a chance, but had a great time on Fraiser Island again this year.

IMG_6371_zpsrraqjti9.jpg

Back