• Upgrade to XenForo 2.2.15 has completed

The ORS "Battalion"

From 1700 to 1916 members since 19th March - i.e. 6 weeks.
Site membership has almost doubled in 13 months, cracked 1000 in march 2010! Thanks to those who are spreading the word, and to our Mods and Admins for keeping the spammers out, so we can have such a friendly place to talk off roading our Subis.

From my observations, this year seems to have seen a big increase in US membership, as well as from Australia outside NSW. I guess Australia and the US will dominate it a bit as this is an English language based forum and I guess these 2 countries would have the physical size of the English speaking countries as well. But, you could say the same about Canada and I'd love to see more Canadians on board. From what I hear it is a beautiful country so it would be good to see some locals and their travels. But I like how we have some members from non English speaking countries, such as Russia and so on. Anyway, it would be great to see more from any country and for the cultures of these countries to be seen here on ORS.

Well said, Rally. I think when i joined back in earlt december, there were only 1200 or so members. It's great to see everyone from diff countries on board here. Although on the complete opposite side of the world, it's amazing what our countries have in common.

80 newbies in 16 days!! Up to 2100 now. Don't forget to check out all those fancy offroadsubarus stickers under the "stickers" tab. Help us keep it rollin!

80 newbies in 16 days!! Up to 2100 now. Don't forget to check out all those fancy offroadsubarus stickers under the "stickers" tab. Help us keep it rollin!

I wonder if the "80 newbies" includes all the spammers we nuke???:lildevil::bananagunner: (nuking spammers is fun!!!:Bananacomputer:)

And yes...sticker sales have been extremely stagnant lately, y'all need stickers, that, contributing members, and our lone site vendor are the only revenue paying for the site...with sticker sales making up most of that...order up!!!:poke::iconwink:

Thanks dirtyRU.:ebiggrin:

Don't forget to check out all those fancy offroadsubarus stickers under the "stickers" tab. Help us keep it rollin!
Yes please do. They're great looking stickers & they look even better once they're on :raz:

I wonder if the "80 newbies" includes all the spammers we nuke???:lildevil::bananagunner: (nuking spammers is fun!!!:Bananacomputer:)
I'm fairly sure they are :eviltoyou: but as you say carljwnc, nuking spammers sure is fun :bananagunner: :bananagunner:

Regards
Mr Turbo

2020- June 1st to 2164 - July 1st. It doesn't look like the numbers go down though when you
ar15.gif
a spammer. How do you keep them from registering, or can you?

2020- June 1st to 2164 - July 1st. It doesn't look like the numbers go down though when you
ar15.gif
a spammer.
That seems to be true unfortunately :sadbanana:

How do you keep them from registering, or can you?
Site admin has now set up a new tool which should help to combat that, where they are nuked :bananagunner: before they can fully register :iconwink: :cool:

Regards
Mr Turbo

On my forum I get a spam registration about once every two days. And I've got the best kind of anti spam you can get, three questions only people who know Subaru's (or those who look it up) would know. I still get spammers. It has gone from a robot online spam world to a cheap labour online spam world, can't stop real people...

I'd have to say yes to that one :iconwink:
It's also making our jobs (mods & admins) easier too :raz:

Regards
Mr Turbo

Sure has been A TON of traffic on the site today. Usually we have anywhere from 40-60 people on the forum at once (usually under a dozen of that members), but today there's been around 120-140 on at any given time. I wonder if this is the work of spammers/ "fake computers"....?

I think about 8 of every 10 new members we get have wound up being spammers. Seems to have been a ton lately!
That number would be fairly close mate. And yes we have had quite a few of late.

Do they disappear from the numbers when they are rejected?
Sometimes yes & sometimes no. It just depends on how they are nuked :bananagunner:

Regards
Mr Turbo

Back