Pisgah Fall Meet NC USA 25 October 2008

carljwnc

Emeritus Forum Staff
Date is now set...25 October 2008!!!

For the first time ever, I'm posting this here first as opposed to SF.org.:cool:

I have a few dates in mind; 25 Oct., 8 or 15 Nov. As usual open to input for others. A couple of dates I need to rule out 18 Oct. is my family reunion, and the Halloween weekend is probably not going to fly.

I mostly have the 2 or 3 miles of off-road plotted out with a meeting place for the tarmac crew to meet up with at the end, and I may change our meeting place to get us closer to this off-road section. There may also be a split at this point for the Yota/lifted subie crew to do even more off-road than stockers can handle.:p

So, lets get this party started!!!:ebiggrin:

Last edited:
Bumpage...with a bit of info;

Meeting time 10:00am.
The Sycamore Flats Picnic area is located just outside of Brevard NC on Hwy 276, Brevard is southwest of the intersection of I-40 and I-26. Here is a link to a Map of the area, Sycamore Flats is #31.
I'm sure that there are lodgings available in Brevard, I'm not sure of what pricing is like. There is quite a few hotels around the Asheville airport off of I-26 on Hwy. 280 (Airport Rd.) that is about 1/2 hr. from the picnic area, probably about $70-$100 a night, but don't quote me on that. Plenty of lodging available in Asheville, depending on which part of Asheville 45min-1hr away.

There are plenty of camping spots in Pisgah off of the gravel roads, and I believe that they are free. There is also the Davidson River Campground just up 276 from the picnic area with facilities $16-$19 a night.

Copied and pasted from a past meet thread, lodging prices may be a bit more being into 'leaf season'.

No lingering too long at the picnic area, we've got to get here;
13sm.jpg

Sounds interesting. I'll have to see if I can come down from MD for the weekend. I probably won't know until much closer to the date.

Sounds interesting. I'll have to see if I can come down from MD for the weekend. I probably won't know until much closer to the date.

Of course we'd love to have you!!!:) I should have the date sorted out and posted this weekend. You can let us know whenever you do, even if it's a day or two ahead of the meet.

mslatfly: Where in Maryland are you located?

Carl: October is definitely out for me. New baby coming in September and I have to go to Frankfurt and London for work during the second half of October. So will spend the time I'm not traveling at home with the growing family. In November, however, I might be tempted. Especially if I can persuade a co-pilot to make this a (two) day-trip. :raz:

Back