• Upgrade to XenForo 2.2.15 has completed
Replaced the cheap battery today with an energizer cr1620 and hey presto she works a treat even from 50 metres away!

Great to hear, Richo.

Some button batteries are almost the same size as each other, but are different voltages.

Yeah the battery I had was definitely a cr1620 but I guess I shouldn't have bought it from the $2 shop!

After watching this thread... today I replaced the battery in Scooby2's remote. It had been doing exactly what Davidov's remote had been doing ever since we got the car.. until recently when it completely stopped working. So I have just been locking and unlocking manually.

What I did notice when I pulled it to bits was a thin piece of plastic covering the battery which gives the correct battery number, but it also says to make sure to put it back over the battery when you have finished replacing it. There were also some white ball looking things in there - I think perhaps for absorbing moisture?

Anyway. Went to Jaycar (because they always have things that other people don't), replaced the battery, put the bit of plastic back over the battery like it said, kept the white ball looking things where they were.. because they must be there for a reason... and .... she works like she has never worked before!

Time will tell if it only goes this good, but thanks for the motivation to actually do something about it :)

Best regards,

Back