L series upgrades

Jake_91_lseries

Forum Member
I have a pretty much stock 91 l series, with only a 15" sunraisa upgrade just wondering what would be the best upgrade to start with? Fora bit of offroad driving in mud/sand? Cheers

L series upgrades worth doing:

EJ22 and custom exhaust
Lift - 2 or 3 inch goes well
27 inch tyres
Better front seats - Gen1 or 2 seats fit in with a little bit of work.
Remote central locking
Honda prelude, civic, accord (early 90's) front springs in the rear end
Rear wheel/jerry can holder
Better interior lighting
Driving lights - so you can actually see at night!

I think that's about it ;)

Cheers

Bennie

As Bennie said it good but really lift, all terrain tyres (highway/roadies are utter crap in comparison offroad), power then either webber of EJ22. I wouldn't go with 27's on an L-Series personally as I think they are too big and would rub like hell aswell as stuff the gearing. 25-26" would be fine with 2-3" lift kit and better rear springs.

My 2 cents worth., I haven't done this though although Bennie does really know what he is talking about.

Thanks for the info. Where would I get my hands on a suspension lift for it or can you only get body lifts for them any info would be much appreciated

In an L-Series you really only want to do a body lift, the springs should be the only suspension lift you should do as the CV's don't take being jacked up well like some of the newer Soobs.
My Forester for example has 4" of suspension in the rear(no body lift) and 3" in the front. It's fine and has been for the 10,000km it has been in there. Before that I did 40,000km on 2" suspension lift.

Back