• Upgrade to XenForo 2.2.15 has completed

Outback Body Lift - Perth, WA

apsg

Forum Member
Hi,

I've just bought a manual MY05 Outback, and I'm looking at getting a body lift: I don't want to hit trails or anything, just the beaches, so i figure bigger tyres and fixing the approach angles is all i'll need. I've done a bit of searching on the forum, and I'm struggling to get truly conclusive answers.

I've already ordered a sump guard from Subaxtreme, I'm considering front/ rear bar options, but my question here regards body lift!

Who do you guys recommend for body lift kits? I've recently heard some bad things about ausubaru/BYB, and I see scorpion don't make them anymore....

Also, I'll need it to get fitted in Perth, WA I know there are a few options, who do you recommend to do it?

Cheers,
Alex

Hi Alex,

Crossbreed also make lift kits out of Vic. Well priced. I am about to order one myself.

As for install, any of the 4wd shops will do this for you, I was quoted $600 install, with a set of Ironman HD springs. From memory the labor was $180. I don't think it is too hard to install them yourself.

Let me know when your heading for a bash if you want company!

If you know a good suspension shop in Perth then they could do it - you'll need a wheel alignment so might as well go somewhere with the right equipment.

Thanks for the link, but I am a bit unsure about ausubaru - due to the concerns voiced here: https://offroadsubarus.com/showpost.php?p=16425&postcount=6

I obviously have no direct experience, but that wasn't exactly a glowing review...

Kevin - I don't know any good suspension shops, but I presume a hunt through the yellow pages should at least find me some acceptable ones.

Richie - I've heard of Crossbreed, but I'm having trouble finding them. Do they have a website/Ad anywhere? My google searches for crossbreed lift victoria etc are giving me some strange/ terrifying results.... definitely nothing to do with suspension.

Last edited:
Kevin - I don't know any good suspension shops, but I presume a hunt through the yellow pages should at least find me some acceptable ones.

We've found that the reps in Sydney for King Springs has an excellent reputation - perhaps the same in Perth?

Back