jf1sf5's forester

I bought my '97 Foz in 2002, second hand with 90'000 km.

The first year, I changed the OEM springs for Dobinsons, the wheels and tires, 1 inch lift blocks and a 8 mm thick aluminum sump guard after a big dent in the sump but no hole !

The rear Dobinsons were too hard, changed them for SF springs on SG self leveling struts.

In 2006, I wanted to go further with the mods and prepared the Foz for a saharian trip to Morocco, fitted some BFG AT's, Quaife front diff, rear SG LSD diff, SG disc brakes and larger SG rear track.

In october 2007, ready for the trip, drove about 1'500 km on very sandy/rocky trails and corrugations that blew the rubber of the rear top hats but drove back home with pieces of truck tires (no Subarus in Morocco !)

https://www.forum4x4.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=55663&d=1364158577
https://www.forum4x4.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=55664&d=1364158647

2010, bought some second hand Proflex evo2 coil overs that were made for the Forester engaged by Bruno Picard for the 2008 Dakar rally...cancelled.

2012, changed the BFG AT for General Grabber AT, as good or better off road with less noise on road, with Compomotive 16x7 ET30 wheels.

And discovered "www.offroadsubarus.com" that helps me modify my Foz !

2013, 1,59:1 low range, DCCD and rear Quaife diff because after some readings, I think the helical diffs suit my needs better (rain, snow)

Pics to come but I'm no good with computers !

Last edited:
I refitted the HotBits a few days back and a new sound appeared.....clic,clic,clic on hard acceleration and on right turns only. I first thought I forgot to bolt everything up correctly but after a good check, the sound was still there. I haven't done any other changes on the car so it was quite disappointing. I finally found what it was today....any guess ?

Well it was the inner CV but it was not bad at all, there was just a missing ball, 5 instead of 6 and that was since new because everything was oem and has never been opened. I haven't noticed it before because with the "normal" 2" block lift, there wasn't enough angle to make it "clic" !

Don't tell me, you're here all week?

We need a facepalm to add into the like button selection for Kevin. But since there’s a conflict of interest, it’ll never be looked into...

Huge build on the foz @jf1sf5

Cheers

Bennie

Back