rallies this year

My husband and I used to work timing controls at Rim of the World Rally in Southern California until the Forest Service killed it. That was always a blast... huddling on the side of the mountain waiting for the rally cars to come barreling down the road toward us @ 90 mph. Not for the faint of heart... :D

We also ran the Jaos/Magellan Adventure Rally in Laughlin, NV twice with our Forester. It's an offroad/gimmick rally that is held as a side event to the Laughlin Internat'l Rally/Motorsports Festival each year. That's where the picture in my avatar was taken:
100_0254.jpg

Closer to home we occasionally attend navigational road rallies and we've also written and organized one to introduce some of the local Subie owners to rallying.

All very different kinds of rallies, but I enjoy them all. :)

niice. i've only done one TSD so far, but it was awesome. it started around dusk and went into the night and was 'bout 80% dirt/gravel roads. then it ended at the New Hampshire International Speedway where we all got to take 2 laps 'round the road course...in the dark. i loved it.

i'd love to hit laughlin too, too damn far though.

Sounds like fun! Got any pics?

Hubby is always trying to get me to run one of the ITN nighttime rallies with him, but I don't function well at night... and these guys are hardcore with their 8 to 16 hour rallies. :o

Laughlin is always a blast... we got to run parade laps on the super stage both times we ran the Adventure rally:
AbhusAnseo.jpg
magellan6.jpg

This is the rally car I built for the 2005 Rally of Canberra. I think it was round 1 of the Asia Pacific Rally Championship that year.

rallyofCanberra2005032.jpg

rallyofCanberra2005394.jpg

I typically make it to both Michigan rallies (LSPR and Sno*Drift) and usually try to do one other rally each year as well.

For LSPR this year I will be camping at McLain state park near the mouth of Portage Lake.

Back