Washer jet mods?

vanNek

Forum Member
Hi has anyone modified Thor normal 2 stream washer jets to a 3 stream or even the fan type? I have & SG fozza and drive early mornings & evening through cropping areas so bugs a everywhere & I hate a dirty wind screen!

I already use wurth blitz washer additive does a fantastic job just need more coverage on the screen!

Our SH has the fan type washers. I would not recommend them.

With frontal sun, or even bright light, you cannot see a flaming thing when they are used; zilch; nada.
Other times they are no better (or worse) than the standard 2x2 ones on our SG (and on my old '93 Impreza).

Personally, I have found that getting the adjustment just right is the answer - plus a good bug guts remover ... Unfortunately, the bugs seemed to have developed much more sticky guts over the last 30 odd years!

On a side note, you know what the last thing that goes through a bug's mind when it hits your windscreen is? Its ****hole ... :iconwink:.

Try a more powerful washer motor, see an auto eletricial workshop in your area...
Also I'd be adding a larger ratio of bug off wash fluid with your water.. A couple of drops of dish washing liquid would work.

^ Uhh :shake:.

Dishwashing detergent contains salt. It will rot out the bottom edge of your windscreen, etc ... :(

Only use windscreen washer additive. It may well contain detergent, but will be salt-free.

Ditto for washing your car. Only ever use car specific stuff like turtle wax.
Ordinary household detergents all contain salt ...

^ Glad to be of service, kind Sir ... :).

The true beauty of turtle wax (and all its "cousins") is that the small amount of Carnauba wax that's in them runs into all the crevices that you simply cannot reach with a normal polish job. Helps keep the metal moths at bay.

You might also want to clean the windscreen thoroughly and apply rainX. It adds a layer of silicone that makes the screen easier to clean. I use it all the time. Once you have done a few applications it is very effective: it seems to accumulate a little each time.

You might also want to clean the windscreen thoroughly and apply rainX. It adds a layer of silicone that makes the screen easier to clean.
I use rainX also :cool: it's great stuff.
There are now 2x types.
One you wipe on & wipe off & the other one you just add as an additive to the reservoir bottle.
I use the additive one as its a lot easier :iconwink:

Regards
Mr Turbo

RainX is brilliant stuff. Tested it one time in light rain on the freeway...so good the wipers made no difference...the wind just blew the drops away faster than the wipers! Also helps to keep the bugs off :iconwink:

I've even used them on sunnies when kayaking...multi-purpose lol :biggrin:

I use rainX also :cool: it's great stuff.
There are now 2x types.
One you wipe on & wipe off & the other one you just add as an additive to the reservoir bottle.
I use the additive one as its a lot easier :iconwink:

Regards
Mr Turbo

I use both: apply the old school one and keep it conditioned with the additive.

I use the würth blitz it's awesome! The Mercedes Benz one is the best I have ever used but it's as expensive as thier dam cars!

Will try rainx, I just want more coverage, maybe I will find a 3 jet one....

Back