problems with fuel consumption

turbo1600

Forum Member
Car Year
Car Model
outback
Transmission
auto
i`m only getting 300- 350 km per tankful. in `98 outback , i`ve checked o2 sensor 450 to 550 mv at 80kph , getting bout 13v and 1.1 v on MAF , when i pull maf connector of engine stalls, any thing else to check ? car idles and runs fine.

mk

Dunno if it's relevent or not but...
My 04 forester's fuel gage shows almost empty while there's at least 20L in it. it's way out.
What's your actual fuel consumption?

Classic issue this one!

My L series regularly gets between 350-520ish kms "per tank".

But what's not mentioned is how much fuel I put in each time I fill up.

You need to work out how many litres per 100km. The best I manage to squeeze out of my L is 10L/100km on primarily open road driving - I still can't help but give it a kaining too. So I'm pretty happy with that considering I'm lifted with a roof rack and spare up top.

Worst I've had was. 15L/100km - on sand 4wdn and when crossing the Nullarbor with a head wind and a wind sock up top and the car loaded to the gills in general running AC.

So can't complain on those figures.

I'll be keen to read your figures when you work them out.

Cheers

Bennie

Dunno if it's relevent or not but...
My 04 forester's fuel gage shows almost empty while there's at least 20L in it. it's way out.

This means your sending units in the tanks are crook; as are mine btw. I just rely on my scanguage.

[MENTION=15422]turbo1600[/MENTION], have you already checked the PCV valve? Being a '98 that valve may already be somewhat clogged and will impact fuel consumption. It's relatively cheap to replace. Cheers.

Back