Rivers Battle Wagon Build

Code:
Hey guys thought i'd start my own build thread. I'll start from the beginning.
I was scanning craigslist for a new project car, and i came across this subaru, the ad said that the car needed a clutch and was unmoveable. It looked decent from the pictures and i went to check it out, it looked very nice inside and out (with the exception of the rear quarter panels of course). 400$ and it was mine to take home, got it loaded up and dropped off at my place.

I bought the car around 4pm, and had the engine out by around 7pm, i should mention this is my first subaru, i have no experience with subarus lol.

So my original plan was to just throw a clutch and flywheel in the car and drive it off, but i decided to take the timing belt cover off and check its condition as i had no idea when it was done last, and i'm glad i did! :eek:

So i cleaned up the engine bay some then went off to grab my parts. I got an Exedy OEM flywheel and clutch kit, and a new timing belt and component kit with water pump installed then got the engine put back in. This is the first engine i've ever pulled, i was incredibly happy the first time i started it up :ebiggrin:

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=49hmWbKcwqQ[/ame]

The next day the car was absolutely filthy from sitting outside for a few weeks, so i took it out for a drive for the first time, i was so happy what i accomplished over hardly one day.

Last edited:
One weird thing is that the car didnt come with any wiper blades on it.... :shrug:

I then cut off the muffler and ran a straight piece of 2.5in pipe from the axle back

I thought it sounded pretty good considering it doesnt have UEL's.... YET :p

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8Q5MUmcEWc[/ame]

Then my 1st gen OBW buddy and i went out for some off roading and pictures

First run went... OK... But as you can see at the end, the bumper got caught on something and ripped off the mounts. It later came off completely lol... But more on that later

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCO1RDlEGEw[/ame]

Second run went... well... i took the corner too fast and got sideways in the deep ruts, luckily i was able to just reverse out haha

www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvQCUUoZt2A&feature=youtu.be

So now that the bumper got ripped off, i found the mounts at the rear quarter panel were completely rusted away and got torn off, no matter, i got to making my own steel bumper

www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvQCUUoZt2A&feature=youtu.be

Still very early in the build, getting things tacked together and fit how i want it, i want to follow the body line somewhat and look good, and also protect the body thats underneath. as far as how its going to mount to the car, im thinking i'll probablyprobably going to just weld it to the original mounts as the square tubing fits in there very well and cut the studs off for the original bumper. I definitly want to gain some ground clearance with this bumper so i want it to hug the body as much as possible.

Day 1.

Day 2.

Update: 11/20/15

More progress on the bumper build, still just tacking things together for the most part

Last edited:
Back