• Upgrade to XenForo 2.2.15 has completed

Help! my daughter want to go to Australia...

casperfromholland

Forum Member
Car Year
Car Model
forester sf
Transmission
manual 5speed 4.44 end h/l 1.59
My 21 year old daughter is making plans to go australia for vacation for 1 month in october 2014

I warned her for the o so dangerous drop bears, bunyips and weird people. But she is pigheaded and wants to visit her girlfriend who she grew up with here in Holland and recently gave birth to a boy. That friend is living in australia for 3 years now

Roughly here plan is to fly to merlbourne, hire a car and drive to her girlfriend living in a very small village with a strange name 350km from melbourne and see some tourist highlights.

She has a limited budget and she is looking for the cheapest way for a car for one month.
Do you guys have any ideas?

Lots of places in Oz with strange names. Such as Innaloo in WA. You know- where were you born/where do you live- Innaloo. Must be cramped....

Anyway, I digress. I think a lot of tourists buy some old dunger for next to nix to get them to wherever they wish to go. Sometimes the cars expire before they get you back too. Depending on where it is, maybe take a train or bus? See if you can get the name of the town.

I've done the rentabomb thing heaps of times in Vic, those little corollas bounce off redline all day long and go anywhere.

Hey Rally! Don't knock Innaloo in WA. I live their, bought a house their/here 6 months back. Haha

Australia is a big country. I live on the direct other side of Melbourne. It's somewhat of about 4000km a away.

Ok, then how about Wantanobbi in NSW? We should start a thread on this...

Thnx for the reactiona guys! Great forum this is!
:banana:

The prices for rentabomb are oke $ 890 all in for a month. The problem she will be 22 when she goes to Australia and the minimum age is 23..

Is there a way to buy an old car an insure it for a month? She prefers an 4x4 or subi.. I must admit she has taste :ebiggrin:

Whe go offroading in Holland quite regular. She in her Army green ’89 Daihatsu Feroza 4x4 (I think called a Rocky in Aus) And I with the buggy or forester

Not really a cheap way to get a 4x4, She could just do what Holden drivers tend to do in Melbourne, go pick up a commodore from a car park with a screwdriver :rotfl: .

Look at https://www.wickedcampers.com.au/ , I can't seem to go anywhere without running into a wicked campervan full of tourists from the EU, they rent cars as well.

ctp isn't a problem, comprehensive insurance or third party will be if she doesn't have an "address" I'd suggest using her friends address.

Thnx guys! Your answers learned my that:

a: old secondhand cars are more expensive then here in holland
b: the price of a rental car is less expensive then here.

So it will be a wickedcamper car. Again thnx for your advice!

Back