Forum Member
Car Year
Car Model
2006 3.0R 5EAT Sportshift VDC/VTD LPG
Transmission
5eat Sportshift
Jeep Gladiator 2020

pGc71CBh.jpg

Loks long yes? Not so good breakover angle .They should make 2 door version as well. Though people allready making them themselfs

Jeep_Wrangler_JK-8.jpg

It was expected to be named Scrambler...I cannot stand the Gladiator name, not that I would buy one. But I expect it to be a tremendous success.

But its a long one. 5 foot bed only . i mean its wow long. And those normal wheel looks like they too small for that long car . larger more agressive looking muds and it would look much better. Wonder will they have hard top for bed. Would become nice overlanding car. Just cover that bed with hard top same height and put large roof tent on it. You could make many things from that not just use as truck.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpxlfy9XMOE"]2020 Jeep® Gladiator - Engineering Feature - YouTube[/ame]

with right wheels it looks cool

2020-jeep-gladiator-first-impressions-980x620.jpg

2020-jeep-gladiator-3.jpg

2020-jeep-gladiator-5.jpg

2020-jeep-gladiator-6.jpg

But its a long one. 5 foot bed only . i mean its wow long. And those normal wheel looks like they too small for that long car . larger more agressive looking muds and it would look much better. Wonder will they have hard top for bed. Would become nice overlanding car. Just cover that bed with hard top same height and put large roof tent on it. You could make many things from that not just use as truck.

5' is standard short bed in the US market. Nothing less would do. Perfect for a mid-size pickup. The full size trucks have beds that are 6-8ft long.

The tires are 33", plenty big enough. It can also accommodate 35" tires with no mods, even to the spare tire location. The frame is different from that of the Wrangler and so is the rear suspension. It will sell extremely well.

It is, however, very long (both as wheelbase and overall length) so it would have issues on many trails in the SW but I doubt most owners will care about those anyway.

when i look at it with those larger tires i like it. but not version with those smaller ones. and they will be rubicon level too with rock track and super low gear all lockers and such. i mean this would be amazing. even that is long.

I agree. Their big problem remains the same as always. You never know when a Jeep will just crap on you for no fault of yours. If you look at the problems section of the JL forum, you can get an idea. It is truly disappointing.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EswE0Zj5Qpk"]2020 Jeep Gladiator: First Drive ? PickupTrucks.com - YouTube[/ame]

And people say Subaru make ugly cars.

Last edited:
That's such a long wheelbase. But hey, people may still buy it. I remember people were skeptical of the LWB Wrangler until a huge majority of the buyers chose it.

The launch edition, all 4,000 or so units, sold out in less than a day in spite of a price tag of over 60,000 before tax. That's over 85,000 AUD before tax.

It will be extremely successful. My only big question is why trucks in this category have a Subaru Tribeca payload capacity. They can tow but their payload is rather pathetic.

My 4Runner has 1,550lb vs 1,100-1,200 for Gladiators, Tacomas, etc.

As for offroading, the Rubicon Gladiator will have no competition in its class. The wheelbase will be an issue on some tight trails.

My only big question is why trucks in this category have a Subaru Tribeca payload capacity. They can tow but their payload is rather pathetic.

My 4Runner has 1,550lb vs 1,100-1,200 for Gladiators, Tacomas, etc.

What's the GCM etc of the respective vehicles?

What's the GCM etc of the respective vehicles?

Why?

On mine, it is great because it is the max vehicle plus the max trailer. The only impact is the tongue weight taking from the payload.

But the midsize trucks/utes, from what I have seen, give you a little more max towing but cut from GCWR/GCM. So there GCM is less the GVWR+max tow.

Either way, the "mid size" trucks just seem too light duty to me for being a truck. I also know nothing about trucks, so there is that. Just seems odd to me.

Last edited:
Why?
But the midsize trucks/utes, from what I have seen, give you a little more max towing but cut from GCWR/GCM. So there GCM is less the GVWR+max tow.

That's why. Quite common with vehicles here that they bump up the towing capacity, but as soon as you load up your vehicle you go over GCM.
It's a bit dodgy I reckon, bordering on false advertising.

Cool renders
jeepgladiatorforum-2-jeep-gladiator-rack_fullrack-jpg-jpg.10855

Jeep-Gladiator-Tops-Covers.gif

jeepgladiatorforum-7-jeep-gladiator-wagoneer-1-jpg-jpg.10859

jeepgladiatorforum-8-jeep-gladiator-canvastop-jpg-jpg.10860

Which one would you choose?

That's why. Quite common with vehicles here that they bump up the towing capacity, but as soon as you load up your vehicle you go over GCM.
It's a bit dodgy I reckon, bordering on false advertising.

Such versatility. I would choose the overland setup with the diamond-back canopy.

The problem, as Ben and I discussed, is that while this rendering is picture perfect, the moment you load the thing with all the stuff, especially in Australian use, you are stuck in your driveway.

The Overland trim only gets payload of 1100lb (less than a Tribeca!).
The Rubicon trim gets 1,200 with the manual.

You have to go down to the base Sport model to get 1500-1600lb depending on transmission. That puts it where I am with the 4Runner.

I have a permanent weight of 250 worth of armor and 50 extra pounds from tires, add tools and recovery gear and my payload is about 1,150lb which is right where the Overland Gladiator is stock and empty.

It's actually called, the overland trim! I wouldn't go for that then. If I will go with a truck. I want maximum payload. 500kg is very low. My SG is rated at 400kg.

I am not sure, as well, why many would put in lower payloads. It may have to do with the type of transmission they are putting in or they do that to protect the company just in case the transmission fails.

Last edited:
It's actually called, the overland trim! I wouldn't go for that then. If I will go with a truck. I want maximum payload. 500kg is very low. My SG is rated at 400kg.

I am not sure, as well, why many would put in lower payloads. It may have to do with the type of transmission they are putting in or they do that to protect the company just in case the transmission fails.

Because show matters more than go!:lol:

Back