Superu_legacy

Forum Member
Car Year
95, 03, 98
Car Model
lifted and moded BD
Transmission
DR AWD 5MT
Utah Rally Group is hosting a rally cross in Moab, Utah USA September 7-8, 2013!!

All makes, models welcome! Its the first event to be held in/around Moab (with more to come), so its pretty grass-roots and low key but Come one come all!

On-site camping will be offered with full services and lodging available in Moab (about 20 minutes south of the event location).
Check-in with URG for info and registration.

For more information check out https://www.utahrallygroup.com/ or visit the FB page at www.facebook.com/groups/utahrallygroup

Moab attracts a hundreds of thousands of tourists every year, most visiting Arches and Canyonlands National Parks. The natural and beautiful landscape also attracts a high concentration of outdoor recreation opportunities in stunning natural settings; activities included (but not limited to) the following:
4x4 — Multi-day camping trips in Canyonlands National Park on the White Rim Road, and Extreme 4x4 at Sand Flats Recreation Area (home of the famous Slickrock Bike Trail), among seemingly limitless other areas
Whitewater rafting and kayaking on the Colorado River. The area's most famous sections of the Colorado are West Water Canyon which is upstream from Moab and Cataract Canyon in Canyonlands National Park which is downstream.
Canoe trips on the Green River
Mountain biking — Hundreds of miles of trails easily accessible trails
Road biking — The annual Skinny Tire Festival is held in Moab, including a century ride
Rock climbing — A true international destination for climbers
BASE jumping — Legal in many areas near Moab
Hiking and backpacking — Canyonlands National Park, Arches National Park, and thousands of square miles of BLM and national forest lands surround Moab.
Slacklining/highlining — World record for long highlines was performed here (a new slackline park has just been installed)

Stay tuned, I'm also working on coordinating a Subaru get together with [semi-]organized drives/trails and info on things to do, places to see and go. It may overlap with this RallyX weekend. . .
:twisted:

Last edited:
(Per URG)
Here are the details everyone. We are also playing with the idea of a night rallycross on Saturday. :)

The URG (Utah Rally Group) is proud to present the Utah Region RallyCross held north of the Moab area. Registration and tech will be open from 8:00am to 9:30am, the driver's meeting will be at 9:45am, with first car running at 10:00am. The event usually goes until mid to late afternoon, with each competitor being given at least six runs.
All competitors must have and show a current valid drivers license(their own), and all cars (fixed-roof production based, including convertibles with a factory hardtop att...ached and targa or t-top types with factory panel(s) in place) must be able to pass technical inspection. Helmets are required and must meet Snell 2000(SA2000, M2000, or K2000) or newer labeled helmets are approved for use. For those without a proper helmet, loaner helmets are available.

Entry fees are as follows:
1 day non SCCA member - 60
2 day non SCCA member - 90

1 day SCCA member - 40
2 day SCCA member - 70

Join the SCCA Today! https://www.scca.com/joinnow.aspx

Directions to the area:
From I-70 head south toward Moab on 191 approximately 8 miles and take a left onto Valley City Rd.
38°52'27.20" N
109°47'57.92" W

Lodging:
Camping will be available on site for $10 a car
The only services on site will be a port-a-potty
Green River has hotels available at slightly lower rates than Moab. Both are about 25 miles away.

For the Car Classing FAQ for the new rules click here.
https://www.scca.com/assets/2013%20RallyCross%20Rules.pdf

Here are a couple Google Earth images of the location.
Directions from I-70 @ hwy 191:
Head south to Valley City Rd (first major left from hwy 191). It's about 8 miles south of I-70 and you'll cross over the RR tracks when you get on Valley City Rd. This is a compacted improved county road (there is some potash mining exploration going on out there so it's a good road for the mining traffic). From there you take the first veer to the right onto a two-track and follow that to the site. URG may stage at this turn off of Valley City Road.

MRC%25202013.jpg

specifics from the Valley City Hwy 191 intersection.
Moab-rally_191-track.jpg

Awesome!

[Off the top of my head] I've got it on USMB, DI, sl-i, here, subaruoutback, subaroforester, nasioc, scca/utah. I haven't put it on specialstages. A friend may be posting on other rally-centric sites like SS, but I can't say for sure. Feel free to post elsewhere as well. I do not know how many committed entrants URG's gotten thus far, but I hope it looks good an they get their ducks in a row. ;)

If the weather continues as it is now, it'll be a bit chillier than typical and there may be potential for some slop; Oct. is the 'wettest' month of the year, typically...but also the nicest!! Its upper 50's today but that's part of this current atypical weather front. The La Sal's got dusted with snow for the first day of fall!!!

:monkeydance:

I'll be there! You're posting this on all the Subaru boards, right?

Awesome!

[Off the top of my head] I've got it on USMB, DI, sl-i, here, subaruoutback, subaroforester, nasioc, scca/utah. I haven't put it on specialstages. A friend may be posting on other rally-centric sites like SS, but I can't say for sure. Feel free to post elsewhere as well. I do not know how many committed entrants URG's gotten thus far, but I hope it looks good an they get their ducks in a row. ;)

If the weather continues as it is now, it'll be a bit chillier than typical and there may be potential for some slop; Oct. is the 'wettest' month of the year, typically...but also the nicest!! Its upper 50's today but that's part of this current atypical weather front. The La Sal's got dusted with snow for the first day of fall!!!

:monkeydance:

Yep, it's been getting cold here quick too, and we got a good amount of snow up in the mountains north on the first day of fall as well. Enough to close 3 of the mountain passes I was going to off road next month. :(

B T W!

Saturday Oct 19 is a FULL MOON!!!
thumbsup.gif

prime time for the night rally!!

rally_driver.gif

Its happening! And NIGHT RUNS RIGHT NOW!!

But I have to work :(

IMG_20131019_115007.jpg

IMG_20131019_115841.jpg

Last edited:
I went to this.......it was epic. So extremely unbelievably fun. Thrashed the crap out of my little Fozzy, but she took it in stride! Was told by the watchers that I managed to get her up on two wheels going into the finish below, haha!

VIDEO is coming!

twowheelingit001_zpsca91543c.jpg

Back