carljwnc's Job BS Thread

Thanks for the well wishes everyone!!!

Interview went well and they would probably give me a job, but, I don't think I can live with a $6-7 an hour pay cut. I could get back up to my former pay rate but that could take 2-3 years. The door is not closed yet, I have to take some time to think about it, so we shall see. Was nice, and encouraging to hear that I was their top pick of the other applicants.:ebiggrin:

For now the search goes on....

I don't think I can live with a $6-7 an hour pay cut.
It may be a case of having to bite the buttet. :sad: :shrug: which is unfortunate, but, with the way things are at the moment.....
It's great to here that you are their top pic though. :)

Regards
Mr Turbo

Pros and cons with everything Carl. Earning a crappy wage could be better than going backwards and while you are working it you never know what opportunity may come up. It won't stop you from looking around.

Well I've got the weekend to think it over. I'm pretty sure that if I can work a couple of things out with the guy I'll take the job. I certainly agree with all of you that something is better than nothing. It is a really cool company and the job security should be real good, their main biz is military contracts.

+ I need a really good tent.:)

Is there such a thing as a good tent? Get a swag- the only way to camp.

All the best, hope the work situation improves for you

I reckon that's the way to look at it. EVERYBODY needs a new tent, don't they? One of the strengths you have is that they told you that you are top of the pile. Maybe a bit of negotiation could be in order.
'What do you want me to do so i can earn more money etc'
The casual job i have is with some really nice people and that's worth a dollar or two an hour. Makes work quite bearable. Almost feel like i am part of a little family.
Go for it and see what's around the corner.

The casual job i have is with some really nice people and that's worth a dollar or two an hour. Makes work quite bearable. Almost feel like i am part of a little family.
Go for it and see what's around the corner.

I agree with this 100%, I've left a couple of jobs because folks I've had to work with were 100% UN-bearable. I didn't get to meet anybody at the interview, but lots of nice looking women work there, bonus!!!:iconwink:

Thanks Y'all!!!:) I'll of course let you know how it went. It's a machining job but doing something I don't have much experience doing, OD (outside diameter) grinding, always good to get something new under the belt.:cool:

:surprised: :eek: Classic :biggrin:

Seriously though I really hope you get the job mate.
Once again good luck. :)

Regards
Mr Turbo

Thanks mr turbo!!!:ebiggrin:

Is that some sort of pole dance! :biggrin:

The way things have been around here, if this job pays enough money and has good enough benefits, I might just be temped to do some sort of pole dance.:lol::raspberry::eek:

Back