Carrai National Park

yarney

Forum Member
Carrai National Park it's about 80 km West of South West Rocks and 57 km East of Walcha NSW the way the crow flyes. It's not that straight forward to get there tho and that's the beauty of it. There is a number of different things to see along the way. Marys View is at the end of the track and is a very isolated area you should go with at least one other car. You can do the whole area in a Subaru not modified (Forester-Outback) There are some camp spots in the area. Here is a list of what we saw and went to.
Stockyard Creek Falls, Kookaburra Historic School, Dasy Plain Forestery Camp, Marys View, Mc Millans Hut, Steam Engine, Spokes Lookout, Bushy Mountain Camp Ground and Lookouts along the way. Oh i forgot to mention this area is one of the main Yowie sightings areas in OZ:cool:

Jan

Marys View Pano

At Mc Millians Hut

This photo is in the Kitchen at Dasy Plain Forestery Camp

Bushy Mountain Camp Ground

Hi Jan,
I don`t know if you have been on this one but on the highway from Walcha to Port Macquarie about halfway is a road heading south, to the right as you head towards the coast.
Really worth traveling, mostly forestry roads and brings you out towards, I think, Nambucca. Great scenery and interesting tracks.

Hi Jan,
I don`t know if you have been on this one but on the highway from Walcha to Port Macquarie about halfway is a road heading south, to the right as you head towards the coast.
Really worth traveling, mostly forestry roads and brings you out towards, I think, Nambucca. Great scenery and interesting tracks.
I have been all through there it is great country nice camp spot called Maxwell camp ground. There is a section called Doyles River State Forest with lost of tracks one area we liked is The Cells it's an old gold mining area steep to get there tho

Jan

Last edited:
That's a nice area. I've once done a Scout Hike from Cameron's Camp -> Brushy Mountain -> Scout Hut @ Daisy Plains Forestry Camp. It is a wonderful area

https://maps.six.nsw.gov.au/ is super handy for this sort of stuff.

A search on 'maxwell' brings it up: "Maxwells Flat Camping Ground"

You can pull up a road map, topo, or satellite.

Back