Ultragauge/Scangauge ?

sammo

Forum Member
Car Year
Car Model
XV Crosstrek
Transmission
Manual
Just wondering if anyone has the Ultragauge hooked up to their Subie.
I have looked at the Scangauge, but the Ultragauage looks better.
Thanks.

I had one connected to my 2003 XS Forester 5MT for a couple of years until I sold it.

The "Minister for War & Finance" goes bananas when I attach anything to our car, except for the current Dashcam, she likes having that attached, but it sits up behind the rear view mirror, so it's a kind of "out of sight out of mind" thing.

I bought mine solely for the purposes of having a real coolant temp figure readout instead of a needle. My Forester's temp gauge never moved over the 1/2 way mark for years, until one day I was towing a golf cart on a trailer and the gauge shot up to red zone after about 15 mins of towing. The radiator bottom 1/3 was blocked solid with casting sand.

I also wanted the average L/100k per tank of fuel. Once connected it found a whole heap of sensors that I had no idea were even there.

I recently hooked mine up to my 2016 Honda CR-V to get an idea of the coolant temp., I have since thought of trying to sneak it aboard the CR-V. :lildevil: :lildevil:

I also bought a scangauge for the xv for engine temperature. Easy to fit and read but complex to play around with without the manual ( gotta love cryptic sensor ID's

I have to keep the manual in the glove box in casae I accidentially press the wrong thing on it, so I can put it back the way I want.

Back