elephant ears, poor vision in a mkII SG

Gidday NL

PS: I always have my mirrors adjusted out so it removes the blind spot. IMO this guidline of adjusting them so you can see your door handles is silly, it just makes the blind spot a heap bigger!

The SF has mirrors that are similar in size to the ones on my '93 Impreza. However, even with it, I had the mirrors adjusted so that I could just see the rear sides of the car - not the door handles! It didn't have any real blind spots, and I always do a shoulder check before doing anything anyway. I am lucky to have very wide peripheral vision, I guess.

The mirrors on my SG are considerably bigger, and only the XS and XT had the indicators on the mirrors, AFAIK. However, some of the "specials" probably did too. I personally find the SG mirrors very good - they suit me. Of course, that doesn't mean that they will suit everyone, or even anyone else! The only blind spots I have found with my SG are those caused by the front headrests (in particular) when reversing out of our driveway (slightly uphill, as you know).

The mirrors on our SH are considerably bigger again.

I reckon that the solution to ST's OP is a mix of adjusting his driving position and mirrors to the sweet spot for him. I am glad that I don't have the factory privacy glass in the rear of mine. SWMBO's SH has it, and I don't like it very much. It doesn't bother her, and that's the main thing ... :iconwink:.

Our SH has parking/reversing sensors which obligingly let you know when you are about to hit or run over any ghosts ... :poke: :raspberry:.

Back