• Upgrade to XenForo 2.2.15 has completed

What have you done to your car today?

Drained the rear diff today. I struggled to undo the drain plug :( Is there a torque setting for the drain & fill plugs ?

Refilled with Penrite fully synth 75w-90.

Will do the gear box tomorrow.

Is there a torque setting for the drain & fill plugs

'tight enough'. They're usually pretty hard to undo because they rarely get removed.

manual for the Lib/Outback strangely has two numbers for the different rear diffs, 34 and 49Nm

44Nm for both Manual trans and Auto front diff.

I put Teflon tape on the diff plug now so as it's easier to remove.

Thanks for the input.
Didn't get to the gearbox before the rain set in. One of the challenges of having to work in the open :(
It will take me a while to get set up too as I don't have any level ground. Just doing the diff was a challenge as I had pieces of timber under different wheels to get the car level. Even then I had to jack the front up to get it to drain fully.
The gearbox drain on the manual is also in an awkward spot in front of the exhaust Y !!

Installed rear KAAZ clutch type lsd (purchased from Venom). Drives great and looking forward to trying it offered soon.

Also got new BF Goodrich 215/75 r15 all terrains. Very chunky but disappointed that the rim protector is no longer a feature.

Decided for my big trip to get the windows tinted :) Picked the 2002 Foz up at Tintacar tonight and happy with the result.
Had a busy week, finally changed the gear box oil, changed the spark plugs (only 75,000 over due, whoops!!). I also needed new spark plug leads as 3 of them came apart :(
Then the OBD light came on, so I need a new oxygen sensor! Engine oil and filter to be done on the weekend and then start packing :)

Installed rear KAAZ clutch type lsd (purchased from Venom). Drives great and looking forward to trying it offered soon.
Also got new BF Goodrich 215/75 r15 all terrains. Very chunky but disappointed that the rim protector is no longer a feature.

Awesome! Beast mode activated!! :lildevil:

Then the OBD light came on, so I need a new oxygen sensor!

Where are you getting the O2 sensor from? I need one too, plus a new exhaust

Where are you getting the O2 sensor from? I need one too, plus a new exhaust

Sadly I am too busy to do the O2 sensor, still doing some mods to the camper trailer. I am getting John Bailey from Volks-Baru to do it for me on Tuesday. I'm also wanting everything packed apart from food so I can leave next weekend.

As for exhausts cannot recommend more highly Mr Muffler at Lilydale. I recently organised a replacement for my dad's car that I have inherited. Was quoted $1750 just for the exhaust and Mr Muffler parts and labour were $550.

Spent a good day and a half replacing all the rear suspension bushes on one side of the outback. What a marathon.

As an aside --- anyone know the pitch of those 14mm trailing arm bracket bolts ? (they're fine - either 1.25 or 1.0). I need to find a tap and chase out one of the holes.

Spent a good day and a half replacing all the rear suspension bushes on one side of the outback. What a marathon.

As an aside --- anyone know the pitch of those 14mm trailing arm bracket bolts ? (they're fine - either 1.25 or 1.0). I need to find a tap and chase out one of the holes.

M14x1.5 if anyone's interested. Bought a tap this week and chased out the hole this morning.

Knocked off the second side today.I used poly trailing arm bushes (the big suckers) which were much easier to put in. All the rest are OEM or Febest rubber.

That's the rear suspension freshened up. I figure it was probably due, as the chassis' got about 300k on it.

Replaced the Tribeca front arms. One yesterday, one today. If it weren't 40C in my garage in the morning, I might have done them one after the other.

Dry heat: good news, barely any rust after 140,000 miles. Easy job. No penetrating fluid used. Bad news: I also replaced the rubber bushings of the front stabilizer and the rubber felt like plastic in my hand, breaking on removal. Can't have it all!

Hi, just joined the forum and have finished assembling my Thule Xpedition 820 roof tray. Keen to use it when I take my son camping next.

Back