Stereo question

OutbackOiler

Forum Member
Does anyone know if the double din 6 stacker stereo in the 03 era of foresters have a sub woofer jack in the back of them?

I have tried searches and have done a fair amount of research but can't find any information, short of pulling the head unit out.

Any info would be greatly appreciated

Cheers
Scott

I haven't pulled apart a SG dash personally but it does look very similar.. I have done both Gen3 OB and SF Foz, Just give it a shot ;)
Let us know how you go or if you get stuck!

My car doesn't have the subwoofer, or the output on the stereo for it. (I listed the wiring in this thread if it helps: https://offroadsubarus.com/showthread.php?t=2438)

I think the subwoofer appeared on maybe the MY04 or MY05 models with the newer stereo without the cassette deck.

If you want to add a sub you'll just need a separate amplifier for it. (This will be better than the output on the later model stereos anyway, since their output would have been pretty weak.) Most amplifiers have speaker-level inputs so you can just tap into your existing front or rear speaker cables to get a signal to it.

this one from the early SG does not have subwoofer or steering wheel controls

10759d1204314820-new-head-unit-2003-forester.jpg

this one from the early SG does not have subwoofer or steering wheel controls

10759d1204314820-new-head-unit-2003-forester.jpg

That's the head unit, I have a rather large amp sitting their so I think I might have some fun with the standard head unit.
I have plans to build a sub woofer box to mould into the back and put some decent speaker in the front.

Thanks for the info guys its saved me some trial and error hours.:)

you can fit an 8" subwoofer into where the factory subbie supposed to go. Won't sound as good as a proper box but it won't affect your cargo space either. There are some writeups on the various forums on how to do this.

Back