Mr Turbo's Snorkel Mod

Thanks for the info, i thought that might be the case.

I wasn't actually concerned about water coming in whilst driving as it would get pretty dried out by the constant flow of air through the snorkel.

It was just the idea of leaving it parked in the rain for a week and some water getting in then going to start it and.......

Sounds like you have no issues though so ill probably just leave it as is.

Currently there seems to be that many holes in the intake pipe work that its probably going to leak like a sieve anyway :rotfl:Going to need a lot of silicone to sort that out......

The engine sound is about the same.
However, you can, at times, really hear (not loud though) the air being sucked/drawn in through the top of the snorkel. Especially when you have it turned around on dusty roads.
If I had to describe the sound, think of Darth Vader's voice (breathing) from the Star Wars movies.

Regards
Mr Turbo

Howdy guys,

I just purchased the mitsi pajero NH90' model snorkel for my <99 forester> should receive it in the mail tomorrow.

When I came across this thread I was happy to know that someone else had the same idea. But, instead of connecting the snorkel to all those air boxes and crap, Im ripping them out and doing a straight hose connect to the main air box. Ill post pics of my progress.

But, instead of connecting the snorkel to all those air boxes and crap, Im ripping them out and doing a straight hose connect to the main air box.

I have done that now but just be aware that you get a heap of engine sound coming out of the snorkel when accelerating hard. Also there is no sump for any water that get in to the snorkel to collect in so it will sit in the main air box/make the air filter damp....

G'day foresttracks88 :welcome:

I just purchased the mitsi pajero NH90' model snorkel for my <99 forester> should receive it in the mail tomorrow.

Ill post pics of my progress.

We love pics :biggrin:

I have done that now but just be aware that you get a heap of engine sound coming out of the snorkel when accelerating hard

Awesome! :lildevil:

I like things to be quiet when cruising but love some noise when going hard :twisted::monkeydance:

Also there is no sump for any water that get in to the snorkel to collect in so it will sit in the main air box/make the air filter damp....

Do you think it will matter if the filter gets damp?

My air filter has gotten 'damp' before. Quite scary, but didn't seem to get through to the motor. Just ended up with a strange shaped air filter.

I like things to be quiet when cruising but love some noise when going hard :twisted::monkeydance:

I will have to make a recording of the sound it makes sometime.

Do you think it will matter if the filter gets damp?

I feel like the fibers in the filter might mat together it it gets wet. Also any dust will turn to mud and definitely have some effect.

G'day foresttracks88 & :welcome: to ORS.

I'd love to see a pic of it once it's fitted :)
Just as NachaLuva says, we love seeing pics :ebiggrin:

Regards
Mr Turbo

Back