Tero_P

Forum Member
Car Year
2002 (SG)
Car Model
Forester
Transmission
Manual
Hi, I didn`t find a better topic for this simple question so I throw it here. I was wondering if anyone have tried to fit 195/80r15 tires on forester? And I´m talking about non-lifted sg-model. Everyone is talking about much wider tires and I have´t found any experiences about previous size. I`m new member on this forum and that tiresize may have been under discussion somewhere here but its too much trouble to search it out. My purpose is to lift car without any liftkit at the moment as silly as it is.

Gidday TP

Your problem will be getting 15" rims to fit an SG. They need to fit over the brake calipers.

IIRC, certain Audi rims have the right stud pattern (5 x 100) and offset, and will fit. Most 15" rims won't fit over the calipers on an SG, including Subaru 15" rims. If you decide to try the Audi rims, make sure you get the correct hub nuts for the rims.

Another thought is that you might be better off going to a 205/75 15" with 6" wide rims. 195/80 might be a bit narrow on the rims.

There is a useful tyre size calculator here, if you haven't found one yet:

https://www.inawise.com/tyre-calculator/tyre-size-calculator.html

[EDIT]

Check out this thread for everything you ever wanted to know about this topic ... ;)

https://www.offroadsubarus.com/showthread.php?t=4411

[end edit]

Last edited:
Actually I already have subarus original 15" rims on both summer and winter tires. It might be that they have putted different brakes in cars here up. Anyway 205/75 have been my second choise but I believe that 195 could go even better on snow. And 195 tires would be much cheaper because people use them a lot in vans which pushes the prizes down. The hight of those two tires was a lot closer than each other than I first though when i compared them.

Welcome to ORS Tero.

I think 195/80R15 will work very well.
They have a diameter of 693mm

I have used tires with a diameter of 721mm without a lift and they rubbed a little although they were a 225 width.

I wish I was driving a Forester on ice.

Standard size on my car is 205/70r15 but I think turbo models here do have that 215... Intresting, it seems like I need to try how they fit :). And what comes to ice-forester combination --> \m/

In Japan the base model sg had 15" wheels and rear drum brakes. I've seen several here.
Probably the same 2.0 L model as in Europe.

195/80r15 do fit on stock forester and don´t scratch at all on normal driving. A little suprise but a good one. New tires are Hankooks Dynapro atm rf10 them are marked to be M+S but I will use those only at summer. It is pretty certain that I`m going to buy similar size wintertires when the time comes.

Back