• Upgrade to XenForo 2.2.15 has completed

JacksonRally's FOZZ WHEELER! Must see.

Holy Moly! :lildevil:

What a shame we cant do that here lol :iconwink:

His GL is pretty good too, I'm sure there's a few people here who will be drooling over both...

Last edited:
I'm not super fond of the wheels either, but the lift is perfectly insaine:)

I am going to be having kyle do something similar to my fozz (smaller lift, 30in tires, on stock steelies)

Not sure of the ground clearance numbers, but the geometry is almost stock. 4in body lift 4-5ish suspension. Kyle wanted to keep everything in the optimum position for articulation (droop and compression)

I can't wait to see how the roof rack and bumpers turn out!
-garrett

Meh, not my choice of Subaru design.

Tyres that big with a small 4 cylinder engine would be gutless as sh1t. It doesn't even have much clearance under the sumpguard, mainly just body lift. The only real nice bit is the longer travelling struts.

Nice job though, gotta give em points for making something different!

Meh, not my choice of Subaru design.

Tyres that big with a small 4 cylinder engine would be gutless as sh1t. It doesn't even have much clearance under the sumpguard, mainly just body lift. The only real nice bit is the longer travelling struts.

Nice job though, gotta give em points for making something different!

...the tires are only 30's, which the 2.5 can move along just fine! Plus lower RPM's at freeway speeds. Also he's not building a race car, it's a rock crawler. With the automatic transmission he can stop on a steeeeeeep hill and then continue no problem:)...although I would neer give up my dual range manual with gl gears!

He lifted it the right way, not just adding height to the suspension and having no droop like most Subaru lift kits. He also isn't running sh*t stiff lift springs like dobsons & kings which significantly limit the up travel as well.

The ground clearance in the rear is huge and the front is being sorted. And protected. Plus once there is a bumper up front again it will actually look like a forester haha:)

-Garrett

ive got kyle at jackson rally a little distracted right now working on welding up the roll cage for my BJ40:)

image.jpg

...the tires are only 30's, which the 2.5 can move along just fine! Plus lower RPM's at freeway speeds. Also he's not building a race car, it's a rock crawler. With the automatic transmission he can stop on a steeeeeeep hill and then continue no problem:)...although I would neer give up my dual range manual with gl gears!

He lifted it the right way, not just adding height to the suspension and having no droop like most Subaru lift kits. He also isn't running sh*t stiff lift springs like dobsons & kings which significantly limit the up travel as well.

The ground clearance in the rear is huge and the front is being sorted. And protected. Plus once there is a bumper up front again it will actually look like a forester haha:)

-Garrett

30's on a 2.5??? :surprised:

I have 28's on my outback and it has made a huge impact in performance. Let alone in an auto with 3.7 ratios!

Auto's have 4.44 ratios in Subies Dave.

yes autos do have a 4.44 final drive ratio.

kyle did have 30's on his GL with stock motor and 3.7's tho, and he got around just fine... not quickly, but honestly i was surprised because i would have thought it would be much slower than it was with that little motor. :p

i am going to be doing a 2in body lift with 3-3.5 suspension and 30's on mine aswell. i am not worried about it being slow, and ill be at lower RPM's going 75mph on the freeway!

-Garrett

the rear struts as initially assembled were way too stiff and needed a re-valve. we were going to get some help from a known expert in the off road strut re-valve world but couldn't get our schedules in line, so we went for it. we knew exactly how to do the physical work and the concept of re-valving but didn't really want to take a shot in the dark on the shims and re-assemble and be wrong. however, in true rally fashion we pressed on regardless and took that shot in the dark. and who knew it would end up being a huge improvement! :biggrin:

Shock+revolve+day

Shock+revolve+day1

Shock+revolve+day2

Shock+revolve+day4

now we are ready for our annual big bear trip to test the fozz in some real action

Great work :monkeydance:

What shocks are they? Approx cost?

Did the fuel container survive being squished against the roof or is it just the camera angle lol :raz:

Back