Mocky

Forum Member
Car Year
Car Model
L Series Sportswagon
Transmission
Manual
Hi all,

So the bumpers, plastic interior panels etc on my 91 'L' always look so worn ad tired. The black bumpers are a shade of grey, the blue interior panels especially in the tailgate area were brittle white/blue and I thought beyond repair.

I found this cheap solution on a Nissan forum in place of the expensive Armour All and other sprays...and less toxic!

*A cup of baby oil
*3-4 drops of dish liquid
*1/4 cup of water

Put it all in a coke bottle, shook it very well and poured it back into a spray bottle.

I sprayed it all on generously, soaked it, then just left it for about 15 mins then wiped it...worked a treat, especially on the brittle, dull interior panels which I thought would not come back.

Time will tell, to see if it lasts more than a few days, but fingers crossed.

Mocky.

Last edited:
Mocky,

Keep us posted. My Grey interior is ok, but my Blue one is fading, like yours. Must be a color thing, as the grey interior is about 4 years older, but has spent a lot of time in a garage, not sure of my Blue ones history.

Beigewagon

Hey all,

Silly me didn't take any before photos but I will share the afters. This car has grown up in the harsh sun of Western Australia, so it's no surprise the interior plastics were pretty dried out.

Mocky.

Bumper solution

OK, so the solution previously mentioned was rubbish and didn't last more than a day. Scrub that.

However for bumpers, this is looking very promising. Before and after pics attached and it's called Duplicolor Bumper Coating. It was from Supercheap autos and was about $12. Bargain.

Just light sand first to smooth the plastic, then a few gentle spray coats. Dries very quickly and soaks into the plastic.

Fingers crossed!

Attachments

• 20160404_184311_resized_1.jpg
    20160404_184311_resized_1.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 21
  • 20160702_163759_resized.jpg
    20160702_163759_resized.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 19
  • 20160702_141134_resized.jpg
    20160702_141134_resized.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 14
Back