Cheap High Pressure Washer

NachaLuva

Product Developer
Getting sick of having to kneel on waterlogged grass to wash my Foz after a day mudding (& Reefton has some very sticky mud!), I started to look aoround for a cheap solution without spending heaps on a K'Archer etc. Also I couldnt be bothered with the hassle of taking it out, plugging it in to the tap plus electricity...I wanted something cheap & easy.

So I eventually found a washer at Bunnings called the Water Jet Power Washer, only $20. It comes with a 75cm handle & I added a right angle brass fitting for the head so I can wash under the car while standing! It can also reach inbetween the spring coils & spray down into the cone shaped spring seat to clear out all the mud & stones that accumulate there...without getting soaked by spray!

Very happy :biggrin:

Last edited:
Sounds like a great find mate :raz:

You'll have to post a pic or two of it up so we can all see exactly what it looks like :poke:

Regards
Mr Turbo

lmsv.JPG

Has a lever for the on/off

I added a right angle brass fitting so I can spray under the car while standing also between the coils of the springs into the spring seat
11x4.jpg

It sprays out under pretty decent pressure, enough to remove old paint on the cubby house outside lol :lildevil:

With the right angle nozzle, it has a funny effect of kicking sideways when I open the valve lol

I have seen those at Bunnings and wondered what they would be like. I have a basic Karcher which is quite good but every time I use it I either run out power cable or hose when trying to get around the entire car.

I have seen those at Bunnings and wondered what they would be like. I have a basic Karcher which is quite good but every time I use it I either run out power cable or hose when trying to get around the entire car.

Buy a 10m hose for the Karcher to fix that problem. :iconwink: :iconwink:

Getting sick of having to kneel on waterlogged grass to wash my Foz after a day mudding (& Reefton has some very sticky mud!), I started to look aoround for a cheap solution without spending heaps on a K'Archer etc. Also I couldnt be bothered with the hassle of taking it out, plugging it in to the tap plus electricity...I wanted something cheap & easy.

So I eventually found a washer at Bunnings called the Water Jet Power Washer, only $20. It comes with a 75cm handle & I added a right angle brass fitting for the head so I can wash under the car while standing! It can also reach inbetween the spring coils & spray down into the cone shaped spring seat to clear out all the mud & stones that accumulate there...without getting soaked by spray!

Very happy :biggrin:

Did you also buy the right angle brass fitting for the head at Bunnings too?

I have been heaps too scared to use any type of pressure wash on Subarus seeing the paint seems never to harden. And that hopeless clear coat stuff they use, get water under that and it will explain why Subaru doesn't have a car duco warranty!

I use the two bucket method, hand wash.

Gidday NL

I bought something pretty similar about 10 years ago. Works great for cleaning up under the guards and stuff.

@ Pigs: I know what you mean.
My '93 Impreza paint started to de-laminate from the anti-rust primer coating after some 234,000 kms and 18 years of being parked in the open.
I asked the bloke who fixed this (and the rust around the windscreen) if he had ever seen anything like it before. He said he had, but only on cars less than a year old! Really weird.

Hey Ratty,

Yeah I had a Leone Touring Wagon in metallic red, clear coat came off in sheets at the age of 21! Not bad considering.

NL's hand squirter is a good idea, I use the lawn sprinkler and drag it under the car after any salt water contact.

thanks for the info. I have a GMC pressure washer but hardly use it simply because I'm too slack to hook it up.
Do you know how this sprayer compares to a karcher?

thanks for the info. I have a GMC pressure washer but hardly use it simply because I'm too slack to hook it up.

Me too, thats why I never got one :iconwink:

Do you know how this sprayer compares to a karcher?

Wont be anything like the force & will use more water, but is easily strong enough to remove all the mud & rocks, just wont remove grime like a K'Archer, etc.

By doing the right angle nozzle, it can fit into awkward spots like the spring perch, the holes in the chassis beside the gearbox & those little holes in the front control arms...all places that build up mud but are buggers to clean :biggrin:

I have been heaps too scared to use any type of pressure wash on Subarus seeing the paint seems never to harden. And that hopeless clear coat stuff they use, get water under that and it will explain why Subaru doesn't have a car duco warranty!

I use the two bucket method, hand wash.

I have washed my Forester plenty of times with my Karcher and with ones at the Car Wash places like Car Lovers, it is now 10 years old and the paint work is still in good nick.

I have been heaps too scared to use any type of pressure wash on Subarus seeing the paint seems never to harden.

I have washed my Forester plenty of times with my Karcher and with ones at the Car Wash places like Car Lovers, it is now 10 years old and the paint work is still in good nick.
I've used a Karcher on my Forry many many times & have never had any issues with the paint work either :)

Regards
Mr Turbo

^ etc.

Doesn't surprise me at all, Mr T.

The de-lamination that I experienced with Roo1 is apparently so rare that a very experienced panel beater had never seen anything like it before.

I have seen the top clear coat peeling off Subies though. A friend's early SF has this problem. However, I haven't seen it very often; and when I have, it's not just Subarus of that vintage that have the problem.

^ We've all done that, Peter :iconwink:.
Really p!isses me off when I do it. Usually at the supermarket.

Like locking our keys in the car. I reckon I averaged doing this about once every 10 years or so ...

I don't think it's possible to lock them in Roo2, but I'm sure there must be some way of doing it. First thing I did was buy a third chipped key for it :lol: :rotfl:!

I got all the way down to Bunnings today and hit the checkout ... no wallet!

I am definitely getting too bloody old. :biggrin: :biggrin:

Lol. My typical brain fade is to go shopping, find what I need, line up to pay for it, hand the money over, then walk out to my car....forgetting to take the item I spent all that time getting! :rolleyes::rotfl:

Gave the washer a good workout on my GFs beetle today. The engine bay was filthy & the bit under the oil filler near the dipstick had a thick layer of gunge on it. I soaked it in my own degreaser then used the car wash engine degreaser followed by high pressure soap. Worked on the rest of the engine but that thick layer of gunge was still there. Got home & gave the pressure washer a go.... worked a treat! Clean enough to eat off! :biggrin:

Good to know :)

I've always used the trade commercial paint sealant so nothing can ever stick hard or stain the duco. Was looking at a Gurny at SCA. Are the smallest ones worth getting?

Back