Flacky's Black SHXT

Hey guys,

Thought I would start off a journal before I get started hitting the dirt. Bought my 09 Forester at the end of 2012, the original owner had added some 18' chrome rims with stupidly low profile tyres, along with some chrome pillar covers... Needless to say, that all lasted a week before it got removed and the wheels painted and 245/45 tyres put on.

I hadn't even considered getting the car off road, and my first major mod was some coilovers to get her low. 2 years later with my baby and toddler getting older I decided to bring the foz back to stock height for some beach work and camping with the kids.

After removing the coilovers I has started stockpiling some parts to get my foz ready for her first run on the sand. Currently the stockpile consists of a SubaXtreme sump gaurd, cargo cage (Thanks Bakerboy), 16" Enkei rims which still need some rubber.

Things to come for the moment will be a roof basket of some sort - as it is now a pain removing baby seats to get full use of dropped back seats in the wagon, Awning - If I end up hitting the beach regularly, AT/HT 215.65r16 tyres for the Enkei's, possibily a 1" lift but this my not be needed.

Current mods:
Mesh Grill with F Badge
18" Rota Gravels with 245/45r18 rubber
16" Stock Enkei's with no rubber yet
SubaXtreme Sump Guard
3" XForce Catback in Mild Steel
Blacked out headlights
Hella Supa Tones
Rhino Sportz racks
Milford Cargo Cage (not fitted)
Tow bar

Future Mods:
215/65r16 Tyres (not decided on which)
Awning
Roof Basket
1" lift kit
Nudge Bar
Spotties
Rubber floor mats

So here are some pics so far:
Before I got my coilovers out and stocks back in

Grill, F Badge, and Hellas

My adventure wheels

The sump guard installed

Thanks for looking :ebiggrin:

Flacky

Looking good! If you're running a second set of wheels then a more aggressive all terrain may suit you? I used the Bridgestone Dueler D697 AT in 215/65r16, which is a light truck size, and is damn near indestructible. Pretty decent offroad, and not bad on (although they'll hum a bit compared to those low profiles!)

Looking good! If you're running a second set of wheels then a more aggressive all terrain may suit you? I used the Bridgestone Dueler D697 AT in 215/65r16, which is a light truck size, and is damn near indestructible. Pretty decent offroad, and not bad on (although they'll hum a bit compared to those low profiles!)

Yeah they are on my shortlist for sure. To be honest, once my 18" tyres have had it I will probably sell the Rota's. Another decision to be made once the time comes. Need to find a good set of second hand tyres for the for one or the other and then new for which ever is left if I keep both sets of wheels

Last edited:
So I finally got onto the beach last weekend!

I found some appropriate 215/65/16 rubbers for them so I could test the cars capabilities off road before splashing out on some ATs. Anyway, painted black (of course) and the tyres went on.

Next thing that arrived (with no benefit to any offroading exepct maybe keep sand off) were the battery and VDC covers. VDC went on in less than a minute and I haven't attempted to mod the battery cover to fit yet. I will look into this hopefully soon. Cheers Exrex for organising! By the way, anyone know what that yellow cable is for next to the VDC pictured bellow? No idea, Had to move it to get the VDC cover on.

Last Sunday the FozWA group got together for a run down at Preston Beach. I was a bit hesitant at first with the Foz being a manual 5spd turbo with no low range capabilities but damn it was a fun day, not one of the 15 Foresters on the day got bogged while we saw a few utes get stuck.

Needless to say I am extremely happy with how the day turned out and the ease at which my Foz ate up the beach. The love for her has been rekindled and once again I love the sh*t out of it! Planned mods for the future will now be focused on the off roading and camping path and I will now drive her until she dies.

You will have to live very old :iconwink:

EJ25 and 5 speed?
Won't be long. :poke:

ALthough both are considered as consumables

Also,
i've got an ECB Nudge Bar with modified mounts to fit around the SUbaxtreme bash plate.
The bar still needs to be cut and shut to clear though.
I picked up a genuine bar that mounts differently, so it's surplus to requirements.
good Deals and happy to post for ORS/ OzFoz members...

EJ25 and 5 speed?
Won't be long. :poke:

ALthough both are considered as consumables

Also,
i've got an ECB Nudge Bar with modified mounts to fit around the SUbaxtreme bash plate.
The bar still needs to be cut and shut to clear though.
I picked up a genuine bar that mounts differently, so it's surplus to requirements.
good Deals and happy to post for ORS/ OzFoz members...

Haha EJ257 but don't reckon that matters much.
I am in the market for a nudge bar depending on how much mate. Send me a pm if you like.

Tried TJM like the ones I got?

I haven't tried it but I've seen yours. Would have bought your extra one at the time but was a bit strapped which was unfortunate

Back