09 SH FXT - new to forester offroad.

Ok so I took Subi down the river today and thought I'd take a picture of my dash to show what it looks like when you have the abs fuse pulled.

67F9E5B7_zps0eb0e218.jpg

Ignore the low fuel light lol

So bulk excitement today.:discomonkey: I got one of my rear lift blocks fab'd up today. Also got my new front plates from the water jet today, test fitted them and these ones fit.:ebiggrin: So ill be finishing them up tomorrow. Hopefully get them fitted on the weekend and make up the trailing arm spacers.

Between the lift and fabricating the new radius arms for my brothers patrol ill be having a big weekend in preparation for Mackay Off Road Challenge over the Easter weekend.

So I went down to the river again today, all was going well, had plenty of rubbing on the skid plate (that's what it's for right? :lol:), got caught in some pritty deep ruts but the foz was going surprisingly well untill I had to get up a small embankment and the ruts just got too deep and I ended up bellied out.

Anyway, my dads got a rental hilux while one of his work utes is getting repaired so I thought "not to fear ill get him to pull me out" no such luck, hilux (fully decked mine speck dual cab) had no winch. So off we went back to my place to drop the mrs and the dog off, grab my strap and head back down. Got back and set the strap up, but when the old boy went to turn around we realised how badly bellied out the lux was... It was far worse than my forester was so after trying to drive it back out and nearly frying the clutch I knew something was wrong, one kick of the tyres a I knew, they must have had 50+ pound in them :eek:

Anyway with that sorted we got the hilux turned around and hooked the strap up and gave the forester the lightest snatch ever and out it came lol,couldn't believe it, no I didn't air down, I needed all the clearance I could get in those ruts. Anyway it was good for a laugh (not so much the mrs) and I thought I'd share... :)

I defiantly need to get the lift blocks finished and fitted. I sick of fighting the ruts the big boys leave behind.

Back