Scrounging parts for SG Forester, from an SVX??

Ben Up North

can only hope to improve
Car Year
2004 | 1992
Car Model
SG Forester X MY05 | 92 SVX
Transmission
5MT D/R | 4EAT
So... if I managed to get my hands on a '93 SVX at the right price, what bits could I use?

@jf1sf5 you used the axles from one, front and rear? did you have to modify anything to use them?

What else could be used? Diff? Wheels? Seats?

Just trying to work out if it's worth putting in an offer (or even have a look), body's pretty rough from what I've seen, so I doubt the interior is much good.
no major panel damage though.

I do like the idea of having stronger axles.

Last edited:
3.3L H6 dual OHC would go nicely in the Foz :ebiggrin:

I loved the SVX; way before it's time I think.

I only used the front axles that needed to be machined to fit the Forester wheel hubs.

Auction tomorrow. I'm kinda excited, not that I think I'll get it for the price I'm preapared to pay. Had a bit of a look at it, averything mostly works apart from the sunroof.
Engine sounds smooth as, but leaking oil somewhere. The oil is so clean that I'm the guessing they've changed it within the last day or so.

Theres another one or two people looking at it I reckon. See what happens tomorrow.

Hey [MENTION=2617]NachaLuva[/MENTION] ever done a lift kit for an SVX? Might take it up the OTT if I buy it..!

An SVX on the OTT would be awesome!

(OTT = Old Telegraph Track)

Ahh.. now you've done it :thumbsup: ( I haven't yet, I'm probably one of the closest members to it..!) Do you think you could get an standard height vehicle around the chicken tracks?

- Currently this thing is very low to the ground compared to a Foz, I'm not sure if it's been lowered, or they were always thet low (my old man had one, he was a bit of a subaru nut too.)

a 1 inch ift would probably bring it up close to a normal car's ground clearance.:monkeydance:

Done it twice including the OTT North, once each in the Foz (2005) and Triton (2013). Yes, you'd get a standard height Subie up the Development Roads but last time I did the OTT was 2013 and even some of the chicken tracks were not Subie friendly e.g. Palm Creek chicken track as it was deep mud. But conditions change after every wet season. Attached is the actual Palm Creek southern entry from 2013; I did this in both directions in the Foz in 2005 but no way the Foz could've handled it in 2013! The drop in the middle was probably 2+ metres.

Attachments

• Palm Creek_sml.jpg
    Palm Creek_sml.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 10
Oops. slipped over at the auction.

Back