OFFROADSUBARUS.com

Go Back   OFFROADSUBARUS.com > Technical Forums > Suspension, Handling and Brakes

Notices

User Tag List

Old 9th June 2018, 08:09 PM

Year: MY09
Model: SH XT Forester Premium
Transmission: 4EAT
subalex is on a distinguished road

Well, that looks like the kind of thing I'm after, though I'd like to see if they will provide at least standard height and factory levels of travel. If I'm even going to consider one of these coilover kits I may as well get what I want. Very impressive what you've done, none-the-less.
Old 11th June 2018, 07:13 PM

kab is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by subalex View Post
What the heck? When I came across this thread I was thinking someone had acted upon my own thoughts in just the last few days. I have an '09 SH XT Forester and I've been wanting pretty much the same as you stated except that I'm looking for a little more lift and planning on fitting 225/70/16 BFG KO2's instead of the factory wheels and tyre setup. It's comforting to see you're happy with the MCA blue series (seems like a misnomer considering they've turned up green in your photo) as that's the set I've messaged them about earlier today. So you've found that they are able to lift the car a little more? I'm also waiting to hear from them with regards to the wheel travel being as much, more or less than factory. What did they tell you?
Yeah, as above, I actually fitted MCA Street Essential coilovers not the blue series and fitted them with 1 in spacers. This will allow me to raise or lower the car 1 inch from stock. As you're doing, just confirm with MCA regarding wheel articulation. Good luck, and let us know how you go...
Old 11th June 2018, 08:59 PM

So you found that they can't make their Street Essentials standard height? The person responding to my queries has said that it's 'achievable' without the strut top spacers. What that means I'm not sure - spring seat raised (increasing spring rate as well as height) or just the lower mount - which would be ideal. OR did you mean that you've just installed the trailing arm spacers so that if you raise it the tyres won't rub on the forward edge of the rear wheel well?
Old 11th June 2018, 09:22 PM

kab is on a distinguished road

No. The street essentials can hit stock height on the SH forester with the revised (taller) front spring they replaced for me. I installed the 1 inch strut top spacers to allow me the flexibility to adjust the coilover height up or down 1 inch from stock.
Old 11th June 2018, 11:44 PM

Aha! That clears that up. Just what I'd like to see. I totally get why you'd want to lower it an inch, considering they really look awesome lowered a little over some nice rims, but I'll have to make do with being taller overall instead. Thanks again for the information.