Replacement key remote o_o really!!?!?

I can only offer one further "troubleshooting" tip.

How old is the car battery? I ask this because I have experienced that when the car batter is getting flat, the key remote doesn't work sometimes.

hmmmm ... haven't considered this. I have no idea how old the battery is but it appears to be ok. ... it hasn't shown any signs of being down on power.

So what's the deal with getting a 2nd hand key like that one on eBay keyed to my OB? Would I have to go to Subaru to get that done or would a locksmith be able to do it?

Not sure if this will help, but...

I have an 03 Forester, and about 12 months ago the remote to unlock/lock started to work intermittently. Changed battery, no difference. It gradually got worse then stopped working. I cleaned the circuit board and contacts with appropriate cleaner, new batteries again etc. etc., no go, so decided to just live with it. Then a few months ago I decided I was sick of not having a working remote, so opened it up and had another go - I pulled on the little tabs ("spring" tabs) the the battery rests on up fairly firmly, so they sat a few mm higher than before.

And now my remote work fine, and has so for a few months!

May be worth a try.

Back