OFFROADSUBARUS.COM

Go Back   OFFROADSUBARUS.COM > Offroad and Touring Central > GPS and Communications

Notices

Unread 17th November 2014, 01:28 AM
Forum Member

Year: 2002
Model: Forester SG
Transmission: 1.447 low range 4.44 diffs
havachat is on a distinguished road
Default Bad Elf GPS - for Ipad WiFi

After Beigewagon gave me the bad news that I cannot use my wifi ipad for a GPS I have discovered Bad Elf Ipad GPS.
This is a plug in adapter that provides GPS via satellite not cellular network.

http://www.handheldsystems.com.au/index.php?cPath=139

Any thoughts ?
Unread 17th November 2014, 07:02 PM
Forum Member

Year: sf
Model: sf
Transmission: m
idw is on a distinguished road

That looks pretty cool,a better chipset plus being external to the device would make the accuracy and reliability of signal better.It's wired as well which is nice, finding good maps and a good software tracking app is the important thing, I don't know any for ios but there's bound to be a couple of really good ones, a local bloke i know uses one to navigate on in his ultralight. So probably just check the gps unit works with the tracking ap you wish to use

I've been using oziexplorer for android on my tablet for a few years now without any issues or reliability problems for 4wding and geocaching on my phone, well besides my navigator falling asleep on me. I love my the tablet for mapping it's 10" works great and doubles for watching videos or looking at photos I've taken while I'm out, or wifi tethering to my phone for internet when back towards civilization. Tablet/ipad is probably one of the more versatile navigation choices, plus if i haven't any crap in my glove box i can fit my tablet and inverter in there to hide it away.